Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Grey border drawn around N and W bridge edges
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
IP: Logged

File: bridgebug.png (7.3 KB)
Downloaded 152 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Grey border drawn around N and W bridge edges (+1)  
Bridges seem to have the Northern and Western-most pixels replaced with a light grey.

This is very obvious and looks horrible if you use a lighter bridge colour than most of the official styles (where it is still present but not as obvious).

I've attached an image of a zoom-in of what the bridges from Zch's style template look like, where it's really obvious.

[Last edited by skell at 10-15-2020 02:08 PM]
10-30-2015 at 09:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: Grey border drawn around N and W bridge edges (0)  
Is this a regression, or are you suggesting to do something else?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-10-2015 at 12:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Not sure if it is a regression, will have to check later. I know that this border is usually drawn in places where two different floor types meet. I guess I'm suggesting to not do it for bridges, because they already have a distinctive look with their own border as part of their graphics, and this particular implementation, or at least the light grey colour of this border, clashes with the dark edges of bridges in a number of styles, in my opinion.
12-10-2015 at 07:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Rank Points: 3734

File: Make up your own mind.png (313.9 KB)
Downloaded 121 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Grey border drawn around N and W bridge edges (+1)  

I deliberately looked for floor type that has similar colors to the bridge graphics. I kind of like it both ways. Thoughts?

10-19-2020 at 02:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Those particular bridge graphics are pretty grey as far as bridge tiles go so the difference is probably not all that obvious, but my opinion is that the grey line should go.
10-22-2020 at 04:51 PM
skell
Rank Points: 3734
I thought about this for a while, waiting for anyone to speak up, but ultimately my opinion is that it should be kept as-is.

I know you'd like this option so perhaps make a Feature Request thread requesting customizing this in custom styles?

10-28-2020 at 08:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Grey border drawn around N and W bridge edges
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com