Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Question about playing on multiple platforms (playing (and paying) on both Mac and Windows)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
BaseCase
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
IP: Logged
icon Question about playing on multiple platforms (+2)  
Hi everyone! I'm a clueless newbie here, so if I've missed something in a FAQ or other thread somewhere, or am violating the forums rules somehow, I'm very sorry. I did search, but I'm also a bit scatterbrained sometimes, so it's quite possible I missed it :)

My question is: If I'm playing the game on both a Windows PC and a Mac, should I buy two copies of the game? I bought it for Windows, set up my CaravelNet account, and then downloaded the demo version on Mac and it synced up fine with my uploaded save files.

I'm enjoying my time with DROD very much, so I definitely want to play on its creators' terms! Am I OK with current setup, or is buying a second license the way to go?

Thanks!
09-22-2015 at 09:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: Question about playing on multiple platforms (+2)  
BaseCase wrote:
Hi everyone! I'm a clueless newbie here, so if I've missed something in a FAQ or other thread somewhere, or am violating the forums rules somehow, I'm very sorry. I did search, but I'm also a bit scatterbrained sometimes, so it's quite possible I missed it :)

My question is: If I'm playing the game on both a Windows PC and a Mac, should I buy two copies of the game? I bought it for Windows, set up my CaravelNet account, and then downloaded the demo version on Mac and it synced up fine with my uploaded save files.

I'm enjoying my time with DROD very much, so I definitely want to play on its creators' terms! Am I OK with current setup, or is buying a second license the way to go?

Thanks!

No worries, it can be hard to find the answer you're looking for by doing a general search. Here's the thread you're looking for:

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=18379

Short answer: You're current setup should be okay. The Carvel philosophy seems to be that, since the engine is open source, you are paying for the content. Since you have paid to experience the content, the way you're doing things should be fine. Maybe someone more official can chime in, but that seems to be the gist of the thread above.

[Last edited by mrimer at 10-21-2015 06:19 PM]
09-22-2015 at 09:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
BaseCase
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
icon Re: Question about playing on multiple platforms (+1)  
Insoluble wrote:
No worries, it can be hard to find the answer you're looking for by doing a general search. Here's the thread you're looking for:

Short answer: It should be okay.

Ah, perfect, thank you! Funnily enough, I searched for "platforms" and not the much more obvious "computers" :)
09-22-2015 at 09:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DezzTech
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 327
icon Re: Question about playing on multiple platforms (+2)  
BaseCase wrote:
I bought it for Windows, set up my CaravelNet account, and then downloaded the demo version on Mac and it synced up fine with my uploaded save files.

You don't have to use the demo version, you can download the full version on the downloads page, as long as you're logged into your forum account.

09-24-2015 at 06:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Question about playing on multiple platforms (playing (and paying) on both Mac and Windows)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com