Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Mirrors and "Attack Tile" commands (Don't respond as expected)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1527
IP: Logged
icon Mirrors and "Attack Tile" commands (+1)  
If I stab a mirror, it shatters. But if I tell the script to "attack tile x, y stab" and there's a mirror there, the mirror does nothing. In fact, the only attack tile command that does get rid of mirrors is "Explosion", which doesn't cause any kind of 'mirror-shattering' effect.

I'm not completely sure this is a bug, but it certainly seems like unintuitive behavior for the command, as "attack tile stab" does explode bombs and kegs, stab through tar, etc. And it would be nice to have a way to easily shatter a mirror via scripting.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

09-21-2015 at 08:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Mirrors and "Attack Tile" commands (0)  
To me, it makes sense that "Attack Tile Stab" should shatter mirrors. Any feedback from the dev team on this?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-10-2015 at 01:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
The issue in this report is that stab in DROD vocabulary does not mean what we think about when we say stab - stab is just a general name for the attack by a sword. Which is why it makes sense.

I'd prefer to avoid changing this, to avoid breaking rooms and demos, and instead add a safe option of new attack type, maybe "Damage T-Layer", to the Attack Tile command.

[Last edited by skell at 10-15-2020 02:07 PM]
10-15-2020 at 02:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1527
I'd be cool with that, just hopefully that it should also make a mirror actually shatter instead of unexist it like attack tile explode does.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

10-15-2020 at 04:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Mirrors and "Attack Tile" commands (Don't respond as expected)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com