Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : How do I sync clouds? (Or: This CNet Cloud thing is confusing)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
hyperme
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1064
IP: Logged
icon How do I sync clouds? (0)  
So, I want to use the new CNet cloud feature so I can move my data around between computers. The problem is, I'm not quite sure if it's working. I've turned the feature on, and my profile says I have cloud data. However, I don't see any indication in the game itself that I'm using cloud sync, and looking at my profile, it doesn't seem as if there have been any updates.

Also there's nothing in the help about it.

09-17-2015 at 08:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Aquator
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 405
IP: Logged
icon Re: How do I sync clouds? (+2)  
I can't give you any advice with the cloud save feature since I haven't actually used it, but I would recommend simply making a copy of your .dat files, moving them to some external medium or uploading them somewhere and then putting them back on the computer you want to move the data to.

If you do this you can simply install TSS on your other computer and move the files to their proper directory and it'll be like you never changed computers in the first place!

Some instructions on how to do that in this secret tag:

Click here to view the secret text

Moving data from computer to computer aside, backing up those files may also be a good idea if you want to avoid some kind of horrible DROD data loss disaster.

[Last edited by Aquator at 09-17-2015 07:37 PM]
09-17-2015 at 06:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : How do I sync clouds? (Or: This CNet Cloud thing is confusing)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com