Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Demos of conquered rooms could be played on unconquered rooms as actual player input
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jordthro
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 100
IP: Logged
icon Demos of conquered rooms could be played on unconquered rooms as actual player input (+1)  
It seems like this wouldn't be too difficult to implement and I can think of several uses. I think it should only work for demo files created by the player and not ones that are imported and downloaded from Caravelnet.

09-13-2015 at 04:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1721
icon Re: Demos of conquered rooms could be played on unconquered rooms as actual player input (0)  
I can see this being useful in merging player files, but isn't there already a mechanism for that?

Do you have any other examples of when this would be useful?

09-13-2015 at 08:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2386
icon Re: Demos of conquered rooms could be played on unconquered rooms as actual player input (+2)  
Let's say I played a hold but lost the progress a while ago.

So I'm replaying the hold, and I can download my own demo from CNet, but then I have to execute the moves again manually. It's annoying.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
09-13-2015 at 10:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1531
icon Re: Demos of conquered rooms could be played on unconquered rooms as actual player input (+1)  
In addition to that, there might be a situation where the player needs to solve a room they can only get to by restoring in order to unlock a thing that's right in front of them, and all the rooms they solved between then and now have to be re-solved, and that could get really tedious.

But presumably that would be poor or at least semi-poor hold design to make the player do that in the first place.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 09-14-2015 01:01 AM]
09-14-2015 at 01:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
robin
Rank Points: 842
icon Re: Demos of conquered rooms could be played on unconquered rooms as actual player input (+1)  
I have another one:
You want to replay a hold for the story, and encounter some very hard or long rooms, you'd wish to skip :D

09-14-2015 at 01:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
icon Re: Demos of conquered rooms could be played on unconquered rooms as actual player input (0)  
Okay. As long as there's a way to limit it solely to your own demos, I'd be on board.

09-14-2015 at 02:04 PM
disoriented
Rank Points: 2386
zex20913 wrote:
Okay. As long as there's a way to limit it solely to your own demos, I'd be on board.

I think that's fair.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
09-14-2015 at 04:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Demos of conquered rooms could be played on unconquered rooms as actual player input
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com