Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Pass the Hold Around : Team Synergy : 3 North
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
LvanPelt
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 25
IP: Logged
icon Pass the Hold Around : Team Synergy : 3 North (0)  
Hi
I reached this room from 2N1E through 2S
I gave just a glimpse found it hard to solve
going back to 2N1E there is no way to exit
is it a bug or I'm wrong.

reaching this room I always have to restore to continue
regards

08-31-2015 at 05:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: Pass the Hold Around : Team Synergy : 3 North (0)  
Exit through the force arrow and you're placed in the next room on a tunnel.

It's not immediately obvious, I missed it at first too.
08-31-2015 at 06:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
This bucket of pain is my last room in the hold. It seems that the exit I chose from 2N1E determines where I'll start in this room. I don't particularly feel like trying out all the possibilities, would someone be willing to tell me which exit I should be going for in 2n1e? I would assume it is the northernmost one, but given the design decisions in other rooms in this hold I wouldn't be completely shocked if it isn't.

11-11-2017 at 03:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
icon Re: Pass the Hold Around : Team Synergy : 3 North (+2)  
Getting the challenge means starting from 1 in the following image, as that's the longest path before you can do anything:

Click here to view the secret text

To get to that entrance, you go from the southernmost (closest) exit in 2N1E.

If you don't want to bother with the challenge, the room can probably be beaten from any entrance. The second entrance from the west is probably the easiest, as it gives you quick access to three decoy potions to use for keeping roaches away while you head for the trapdoor - the guards stop coming once it's dropped. To start from that entrance, use the fourth exit from the north in 2N1E.
11-11-2017 at 09:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
Thanks! I hadn't realized there even was a challenge. I was mostly just trying to see if I needed to re-play the previous room to even be able to solve this one. I'm at the entrance you show in secret tags by default because that's where the obvious best exit from the previous room takes me. I was worried that this was some sort of troll, but it sounds like it's possible to clear the room from this entrance. Though to be honest dealing with the horde in this room is ten kinds of awful and it's probably going to be more fun to just go back to 2n1e and re-play that.

[Last edited by Insoluble at 11-13-2017 02:13 PM]
11-13-2017 at 02:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
icon Re: Pass the Hold Around : Team Synergy : 3 North (+2)  
Important advice for clearing the room from the above entrance:

Click here to view the secret text

11-13-2017 at 05:34 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Pass the Hold Around : Team Synergy : 3 North
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com