Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : war22 : war22 : 12 North, 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Sandalo
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 47
IP: Logged
icon war22 : war22 : 12 North, 1 West (0)  
any hint here?
my best try was reaching SE corner, whit a mimic two steps beside me, and start going up. but the bomb timer seems too tight for this strategy.

I think I have to enter with the sword pointing E, like all the mimics
07-28-2015 at 04:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: war22 : war22 : 12 North, 1 West (0)  
Bump. I'm also at a complete loss on this one. I've had moderate success with the strategy Sandalo describes above. I've also tried having my sword pointed different direction upon room entry. The problem is always the queens that get caught up in the NE corner. I can try waiting on the room entry but not for long enough to scare them all over. I'm always at least 5 moves shy of getting out before the bomb kills Halph. I have no idea how one would go about giving hints for a hold like this. But this is one of my last two rooms in this hold (which is terrific by the way) and I would appreciate any kind of help you can give!

12-16-2015 at 08:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Aquator
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 405

File: war22 war22 12N1W Victory.demo (1.1 KB)
Downloaded 40 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: war22 : war22 : 12 North, 1 West (+3)  
Yup, this room sure is hard to give hints for... Because of this I'll just list a few things that may help and attach my demo in case it's not enough.

Click here to view the secret text

Hope this helps!

[Last edited by Aquator at 12-16-2015 10:05 PM]
12-16-2015 at 09:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: war22 : war22 : 12 North, 1 West (+1)  
This was super helpful. Even with the hints, I had to download the demo to get an idea of how the first dozen or so moves should be done to get everything in place. That was brilliant! Thank you so much for the help!

12-20-2015 at 07:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : war22 : war22 : 12 North, 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com