Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : SLOW
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
adS
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 214
IP: Logged
icon SLOW (0)  
The server is unbelievably slow.

adS

[Last edited by adS at 07-03-2015 09:07 PM]
07-03-2015 at 06:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
adS
icon Re: SLOW (0)  
And now it is much slower.

adS

07-07-2015 at 03:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
adS
Apparently it is not allowed to complain about the server being slow.

-8 points.

adS

07-20-2015 at 02:12 PM
Dischorran
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3406
I tried to check if I should congratulate you on a new personal record, but apparently I can't sort other people's posts by rating. Oh well.

07-20-2015 at 08:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
adS
Dischorran wrote:
I tried to check if I should congratulate you on a new personal record, but apparently I can't sort other people's posts by rating. Oh well.

And why is is it apparently forbidden to complain about a really ridiculously slow server?

By the way, in my eyes this (giving positive or negative points to other people's postings anonymously) is a feature for cowards.

Viel Feind', viel Ehr :)

adS

07-20-2015 at 08:44 PM
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3406
If it were forbidden, I'd imagine the post wouldn't be here anymore. It's more a matter of Internet Points.

07-20-2015 at 08:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
For the record, I'm fine with posts telling us the server is slow.

07-20-2015 at 08:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: SLOW (+5)  
I didn't vote you down because you said the server was slow.

I voted you down because you said it like a spastic twelve year old who just discovered text formatting.

I mean, I would have actually posted, but I figured I didn't want to actually point out you had now gotten yourself into a position where I, Banjooie--

like, seriously here

where I can look at you and tell you to stop being an immature jerk the way you're posting. Do you not feel the slightest bit of shame or remorse at that point?

Like, you could have been like

'Hey, the site's been really slow for me lately. Has anyone else had this issue?'

'I seem to be experiencing high latency lately. Could someone look into this?'

Or you could have been a jerk but /funny/, like

'Guys who took the frigging server on a bike ride again'

'Can someone please just inject caravel forum into my veins if noone is going to fix the lag problem'

No, your choice was to be curt, boring, and mildly embarassing to read.

See, the way I see it, the point of modding down is to generally show communal disapproval of a style of posting, and I just can't support being a jerk in a boring fashion.

Ergo, I made your pretend internet points vanish.
07-23-2015 at 12:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
icon Re: SLOW (-1)  
So basically, what your saying is, if ppl dsnt tlk lk u do or doesn't want to write properly, you mod them down lk if their acting lk littl chidrn!!!11!one!

Because people have normal lives too, people whose english isn't their first language, they can't say things here?

Just because we're not eloquent, effluent or effective as you are, you feel like it's okay to just mod people down the way you like???

You win. I'm going into lurking mode again.

And if you want to mod me down, remember one thing, *whatever was here has been edited out, doesnt matter anyways*

Good luck Banj, I really hope that in the rest of your life you'll only meet people who can talk like you, so that you don't have the need to crush anyone. Have a nice life. This is the very last time* I will respond to you, any further discussion is unnecessary, and I can't bear writing this eloquent anyway.

*) never say never, but a discussion where you're going to mod me down isn't a discussion worth having. i might want to discuss with you in the future, but i won't bet on it.

Oh, and call me anything you want, cos you will.

[Last edited by Tim at 07-23-2015 11:57 PM]
07-23-2015 at 11:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Tim wrote: I'm going into lurking mode again.
Thanks, I appreciate it.
07-24-2015 at 12:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Aquator
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 405
I know not with what the next war between Rasarus and Tueno will be fought, but the war for the Caravel Forums will be fought with [Good] and [Bad] buttons.
-Altreb Steinkin
07-24-2015 at 02:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2668
Announcement: Be excellent to each other.
07-24-2015 at 06:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
...I wasn't aware there was a subset of ESL that caused font color and size increases, Tim.

But, yes, actually, I'm going to argue that modding down is a personal choice based on how one wants to see the community, and you're just as free to spend your points to mod it back /up/ as I am to mod it down in the first place.

Frankly, I think you can mod down for any reason you want. The points belong to you, you earned them doing whatever it is you did, so to say there's an objective truth on how to use the points correctly is moderately absurd.

That said, modding down may or may not be cowardice, but I'm pretty sure the definition is somewhat more clear when you're basically surfacing to snipe at someone, and then declaring you refuse to discuss the issue. Not that Tim accused me of it, but while we're having solid examples float around the room I thought I'd point it out.

[Last edited by Banjooie at 07-25-2015 07:37 PM]
07-25-2015 at 07:31 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Wow, lots of upmods in a thread all about downmods.

I think I'll come out of lurker mode and necro a thread for this.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
09-14-2015 at 09:10 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : SLOW
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com