Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Salamander : Second Level : 2 North
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2430
IP: Logged
icon Salamander : Second Level : 2 North (0)  
I'm kind of stumped on how to handle this. The one thing I could think of was moving the corner mirrors and trying to get both salamanders to move around them at the same time, but that doesn't really work because they head in the same direction at the same time and so one path will be longer.

What's the general approach I should be trying?
06-13-2015 at 05:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
icon Re: Salamander : Second Level : 2 North (+1)  
You need to play with the salamanders separately to start with.

The general idea is to set them up so that you can lure them out and have them simultaneously hit the platforms (with you in the centre) to wake up the eye. You then need to be in a position to get around them and have one hit the lower platform a second time.

Beyond that, I don't know if there's a single "right" approach (although looking at the demos, there's a clear winner for most efficient). It's possible to set things up at equal distances so you release the salamanders simultaneously, or to set one up closer to the platform and do separate releases.
06-14-2015 at 03:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2430
icon Re: Salamander : Second Level : 2 North (0)  
Got it. I set them up to be one off the diagonal, then fiddled around with distance from there to account for which diagonal they were using. Time for the final level.
06-14-2015 at 05:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Salamander : Second Level : 2 North
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com