Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Better Fullscreen Support
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Trickster
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 662
IP: Logged
icon Better Fullscreen Support (+3)  
I use Windows 7 with an AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series display adapter and three ViewSonic VX2250 monitors, so my system can handle most things I throw at it. I play many indie games and I don't use Steam to get them (for complex reasons of rage that maybe one day might finally abate).

DROD is the only game I have ever played with a fullscreen option that I cannot fullscreen. It stretches the image no matter what I do. This makes it too difficult to play because the grid is no longer a grid, but lots of squashed rectangles. Yes, I've sought help both through AMD and ViewSonic.

Most indie games have an option "scale to screen" that would fix this issue. DROD does not. I don't know why it does not, but the last time I asked for this (literally years ago) I was stonewalled.

I can't play DROD in fullscreen mode, and it really sucks to play it in a window when I want it to be immersive. Please add a scale to screen option. Please, please, PLEASE.

Official Hold Progress
Click here to view the secret text

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

06-07-2015 at 06:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Better Fullscreen Support (+2)  
Due to the library we use, this isn't trivial. Hopefully it will be better with the Steam release, as we'd like to use SDL2, which will have support for lots of things we'd love to have.

06-07-2015 at 07:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Trickster
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 662
icon Re: Better Fullscreen Support (0)  
I appreciate the thought. :)

I still have my hopes for DROD 14.

Official Hold Progress

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

06-07-2015 at 08:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Better Fullscreen Support (0)  
SDL2 is a-comin' for a future release!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-12-2015 at 01:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
melvin
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
Would it be possible to have a SDL2 build of TSS available for download? I know the Steam versions are SDL2, but I would rather use the standalone ones. The physical resolution switch is a real pain nowadays and windowed mode is way too small on a 4k screen.

RPG has a SDL2 build available, though only for Linux. I've been using that for years now and it's working great. I can help out with the Linux build if needed, am familiar with all the tooling.

01-12-2020 at 06:39 PM
skell
Rank Points: 3734
This will finally be resolved in 5.1.1 - see here. The multitude of new fullscreen and window-management options should ensure that everyone will find a solution that works for them.

I hope!

11-19-2020 at 11:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Better Fullscreen Support
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com