Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Trial By Fire : Fiery Dungeon : 1 North, 5 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
IP: Logged
icon Trial By Fire : Fiery Dungeon : 1 North, 5 East (0)  
I can't quite seem to get this. I barely have enough chain to get the gentryii on all the pressure plates, and I can't figure out how to do it in a way that lets me get its head stuck somewhere for the entire trip to the eye.

So far I've tried and failed going from the upper-right plate to the upper-left, and also going from upper-left to upper-right. Obviously the next thing to try is starting from one of the lower plates, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do that; every one of my attempts has just lead to the chain straightening until it's off the plate as I try to push or lead the gentryii around.

So what should I be doing?
05-19-2015 at 11:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
icon Re: Trial By Fire : Fiery Dungeon : 1 North, 5 East (0)  
So after some further experimentation I can now figure out ways to get the gentryii's path to start on one of the lower plates, but I still haven't found a way to get its head stuck so it stays on them.

This is my last room before the blue door goes down, so I'd appreciate some advice.
05-20-2015 at 06:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
pigletto
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
icon Re: Trial By Fire : Fiery Dungeon : 1 North, 5 East (+1)  
Click here to view the secret text

05-20-2015 at 09:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Still not enough, I'm afraid. I've got the hang of maneuvering the gentryii around the plates and can do it in any order I like, but I can't get its head stuck.

I think I might need to use fewer squares of chain in between plates, but I haven't had any success there. Either the chain tightens in a way that takes it off the plate or I find myself lengthening another side to prevent that.
05-20-2015 at 11:14 PM
Dragon Fogel
Just noting I finally got this.

Click here to view the secret text

05-29-2015 at 06:28 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Trial By Fire : Fiery Dungeon : 1 North, 5 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com