Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's quest questions and concerns.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Heroinefan
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
IP: Logged
icon Heroine's quest questions and concerns. (0)  
Just started Heroine's quest, Iam a major qfg series fan as well as classic adventre gamer.

I love the style of the game, and the heroine, the game and she are really well done in the perfect style.

First impressions is that every body in the town though, is a jerk.

They let the poor woman die of starvation right in front of them without offering to give her a little food.

I MEAN SHE WAS ATTACKED AND LOST HER PACK...LEFT TO DIE IN THE SNOW, AND THEY TREAT HER LIKE A PANHANDLER IF SHE ASK FOR A LITTLE TO EAT. wtf?

There is even a option where the poor thing can beg for food to be turned down by all the towns people when shes dying of starvation.

Also dont cut up rough, there is not anyone here that wont hurt you or break soimething, if you insult the bartender. or cause troble in her pub,.

hmmm men attacking a woman becuase she takes issue there crush or cuts up a little rough? My what noble men.

well the Heroine was certainly put in her place was she not? Why again should she want to help these peoople?

I disliked the towns people inrevocably selfish jerks. The skyrim jarl was just a bit better.

I really dislike the attitude of the adventures guild leader, and her ask my husband, like she could not tell me. My arnt we special.

Other than that the actual game play is great. very hard to get any coin to by anything though, and she dies from just running around.

I love this type of game so I will stick with it though. T his is the woman devon should have married in silmaria.

I am just at the point of the fates early on and dont want to mess up the game I hear there is alot of dead ends so will have to save often and perhaps consult a walkthrogh.

[Last edited by Heroinefan at 05-14-2015 12:44 PM]
05-14-2015 at 12:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Zachski
Rank Points: 10
icon Re: Heroine's quest questions and concerns. (0)  
They barely have any food for themselves, not to mention you are quite capable of getting food for yourself (though the method depends on your class).

I will say that if you've got Fast Talk, you can convince the local womanizer to give you some rations, if you're *that* concerned about it. If you don't have Fast Talk, you just aren't a persuasive heroine.

Also if it weren't for the people of that city, you would be *dead*

It pays to pay closer attention to the plot and how the characters talk to each other. You're a grown woman. You can feed yourself. You just need to figure out how.
05-14-2015 at 09:44 PM
Heroinefan
Zachski wrote:
They barely have any food for themselves, not to mention you are quite capable of getting food for yourself (though the method depends on your class).

I will say that if you've got Fast Talk, you can convince the local womanizer to give you some rations, if you're *that* concerned about it. If you don't have Fast Talk, you just aren't a persuasive heroine.

Also if it weren't for the people of that city, you would be *dead*

It pays to pay closer attention to the plot and how the characters talk to each other. You're a grown woman. You can feed yourself. You just need to figure out how.

Yeah but I dont know how to put it, it seems discurtious, to..... rescue a staving person, weakened after a terrable accedent and not even offer them a bite to eat and drink to regan there stregnth before they go off to hunt.

I mean shes so weak she cant venture far from the city that day, so weak in fact shes on the brink of death, will reaally die at midning within hour without food...and they tell her to go off and hunt?

What kind of people are these? People like this would not logicly rescue someone in the first place, with such hard hearts, or in such desperate shape...if they could not nerse them a little or feed them once. Thats part of resue. save a life and all that, up to a point.
05-15-2015 at 11:54 PM
Zachski
Rank Points: 10
Your Heroine is strong enough to hunt, locate and pick edible roots, sneak into the tavern and steal some food, or fast talk the local womanizer into coughing up his already meager rations.

Yeah, that's the thing. The entire city is suffering from a shortage of food. The *entire city*. Even the Jarl is presumed to be eating scantily. You are a stranger, and while they did save your life, they've gotta think about their own needs first.

If you must know, you'll get a set of rations the next day once you've seen the Jarl and go back to the adventurer's guild - it is literally all the food they can spare you.

Only the irresponsible give away their last loaf of bread when their family is hungry. And like I said, you're a heroine, a warrior/sorceress/rogue of significant skill. It would be dishonorable for you to rely on other people to feed you when you are *definitely* strong enough to feed yourself.
05-17-2015 at 08:40 AM
Heroinefan
Zachski wrote:
Your Heroine is strong enough to hunt, locate and pick edible roots, sneak into the tavern and steal some food, or fast talk the local womanizer into coughing up his already meager rations.

Yeah, that's the thing. The entire city is suffering from a shortage of food. The *entire city*. Even the Jarl is presumed to be eating scantily. You are a stranger, and while they did save your life, they've gotta think about their own needs first.

If you must know, you'll get a set of rations the next day once you've seen the Jarl and go back to the adventurer's guild - it is literally all the food they can spare you.

Only the irresponsible give away their last loaf of bread when their family is hungry. And like I said, you're a heroine, a warrior/sorceress/rogue of significant skill. It would be dishonorable for you to rely on other people to feed you when you are *definitely* strong enough to feed yourself.

Yeah my problem was I did not take it in the right context. These are real life hard core nore dudes, death before dishonor types, not cutsy kings quest or qfg2 and 4 at the inn.

I am now able to get into the story. I did a warrior playthrough but did not get the sword, think I missed a side quest on my first playthrough.

If you do all the side quests you should get it. Having honor dose not mean letting people treat you like a chump or scew you over while you are helping them. thats being a martyer.

Vikings are proud and were ferece, lolyty would be importent and integrity to a viking in honor.

In context the only character I didlike is sorri.

Not becuase hes a straight unmarried guy that likes women as he should be for his character type. Because hes a jerk. with little honor.

Rollplaying my vicking woman dislikes him for other reasons as well, and mistrusts him.

I thin havors a bad wife and mother too in the end...yet the blacksith was a foolish man for tricking and forcing such a creature to stay with him and bear his child.

Havors cool, but she flys by her on wings, and is true to what she is, more swan princess than woman. The bird form is her truest form, not the human shape.

Why name that poor kid hime or heime, it means ether pincess or a womans hymen...yeah, hes going to get beat up alot by the other children, if he dosent become a good warrior, and quick. Its easy to see why hes training so hard.

Litte heime? ye gods, lol. poor kid.

My heroine had had a thing for the elf she freed from the rock, could not flirt with him though.

He could take the form of a blond viking dude if he wished anyway. yeah she wanted alviss I could tell.

If regin could live as a man so could he. He was into her too, I could tell.

[Last edited by Heroinefan at 05-18-2015 01:21 PM]
05-18-2015 at 01:11 PM
ConjurerDragon
Rank Points: 13
Heroinefan wrote:
Why name that poor kid hime or heime, it means ether pincess or a womans hymen...yeah, hes going to get beat up alot by the other children, if he dosent become a good warrior, and quick. Its easy to see why hes training so hard.

Hime might mean princess in japanese but that is rather irrelevant in a nordic setting. If you look up the german version of the name "Heime" you’ll find that it is a name of Kings and Adventurers
https ://en. wikipedia. org/wiki/H%C3%A1ma

My heroine had had a thing for the elf she freed from the rock, could not flirt with him though.

He was in that stone form for falling in love with Thor’s own daughter. I doubt that he would so quickly fall for some mere mortal.

He could take the form of a blond viking dude if he wished anyway. yeah she wanted alviss I could tell.

I think that for a svartalf who can appear as anything with his illusions, the outer appearance is practically meaningless and he might be bewildered that the heroine would be so fixated on it.

10-06-2017 at 04:25 PM
Heroinefan
ConjurerDragon wrote:
Heroinefan wrote:

Hime might mean princess in japanese but that is rather irrelevant in a nordic setting. If you look up the german version of the name "Heime" you’ll find that it is a name of Kings and Adventurers
https ://en. wikipedia. org/wiki/H%C3%A1ma

He was in that stone form for falling in love with Thor’s own daughter. I doubt that he would so quickly fall for some mere mortal.

I think that for a svartalf who can appear as anything with his illusions, the outer appearance is practically meaningless and he might be bewildered that the heroine would be so fixated on it.

You have a point, she would have to fall in love with his excentric personalty, or nothing.

On the second point, given the implied immortalty in the story and the elf's willingness to cross lines, I dont think that would be a issue.

The same reason the valkire fell for sig, she knew she could just pick him up after he died.

If she could not, she would not have hurt herself on multiple levels, by getting involved, much less risked the wrath of the gods.

No one really dies in this lore. The mists, or become warriors of the dead, ''undead?'' for the gods.

No wonder they are so flippant about ''death before dishonor''.

They have seen evidence with tere own eyes, hell, sigs love is a agent of the afterlife.

They are prob looking forward to a heroic death and ascension. They live in a magical mystery.

That would make them fierce warriors beyond measure, no fear whatsoever yet with the desire to acquit themselves honorably.

Ragan, is just an elf, but he retrieved erasms mirror from viking hell.

I am sure the heroines lifespan would be a non issue, more so with legendary deeds.

Besides the elf in question dose not strike me as the type that would want or need a goddess for a sugar mama, even if he has one for religion.

Yes, you heard right, the svartalf is not a gigolo.

[Last edited by Heroinefan at 10-15-2017 05:04 PM]
10-15-2017 at 04:44 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's quest questions and concerns.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com