Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Imperative: Can Push (Living "Wonderquest" again)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The Architest
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 254
IP: Logged
icon Imperative: Can Push (0)  
I was wondering why there's not option for giving scripted characters the ability to push objects around. Well, there's the Lemmings but I am not quite sure just how they do it, so excuse me. :P

I tried scripting this by giving entities weapons that enable pushing, but it was pretty 'inconvenient' and didn't work as I had hoped.

What I thought would be cool;

Imperative: Can Push Objects

Gives the scripted character ability to push objects such as mirrors and kegs.

Imperative: Can Push Entities

This gives the scripted character ability to push around other entities (including the Player). If you remember "Wonderquest", there were this spheroid monsters that could splat the player character and monsters against the wall.

Plus a third one "Can Push Both".
05-13-2015 at 08:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: Imperative: Can Push (0)  
The Architest wrote:
...there's the Lemmings but I am not quite sure just how they do it, so excuse me.

Admittedly I'm not sure how they do it either, but you can actually look at the scripting for them.

You can download the TSS custom elements hold (It's not a hold for playing. It just has the scripted elements in it for you to copy and paste into other holds and play around with.)

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=38640&page=0#388395

Once you've opened it, go to the room with the lemmings and click on one of the characters. No scripting will appear in it (which confused me at first) because it is in the custom character's script. SO go to click on the "Characters" button (at the top of the list of character types), then once the lemming character screen has popped up, click on "Edit Default Script". This should pull up the scripting for lemmings. I'm not at a computer with DROD installed on it right now, so I have no idea how complicated the scripting is (my guess is it's beyond my comprehension level). But you may be able to tease out how it is able to push stuff.

05-13-2015 at 04:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
icon Re: Imperative: Can Push (0)  
Lemmings can push things because their character is based on a type that can push objects. Most likely a citizen character of some sort.

But yes, I agree that there needs to be a way to push things, though someone suggested a "push at" command similar to the attack tile command. This seems different enough though.

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

05-13-2015 at 06:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Imperative: Can Push (Living "Wonderquest" again)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com