Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : A weird bug (but not that important)
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
IP: Logged
icon A weird bug (0)  
Click here to view the secret text

[Edited by wackhead_uk at Local Time:10-11-2004 at 01:23 PM]
10-11-2004 at 01:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: A weird bug (0)  
You mean you can see links, not text, right?

(by the way, there are ways of making text visible in secret tags too:

but that's not really a bug)

[Edited by eytanz at Local Time:10-11-2004 at 04:45 PM]

10-11-2004 at 04:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
HSE
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 162
It's because the CSS has hyperlink tags as that colour when the secret CSS is white... at least, that's what a 14-year old with no clue as to what he's talking about thinks :P.

[Edited by sebhaque at Local Time:10-11-2004 at 05:06 PM: spelling]
10-11-2004 at 05:06 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
Well, it's because the secret text is done with a table with white background and white text. The secret text was added before we starting using any CSS beyond what the forum came with.

10-11-2004 at 05:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Schik wrote:
Well, it's because the secret text is done with a table with white background and white text. The secret text was added before we starting using any CSS beyond what the forum came with.
I'd imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to add a classname to the secret tables, like class="secret" and then do some css for ".secret a" but is the payoff worth the effort?

10-11-2004 at 07:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
DiMono wrote:
I'd imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to add a classname to the secret tables, like class="secret" and then do some css for ".secret a" but is the payoff worth the effort?
No. Especially when I've got something better in mind. ;)

10-11-2004 at 08:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
HSE
Especially when I've got something better in mind

Is the site turning Flash?
10-11-2004 at 10:04 PM
Schik
sebhaque wrote:
Hmmm... I'll put that on my to-don't list.

10-11-2004 at 10:13 PM
DiMono
Schik wrote:
sebhaque wrote:
Thank you very much. Of all the things I don't want to see, you flashing me is several of them.

10-11-2004 at 10:44 PM
wackhead_uk
I think that would disturb many people, including me.

But in all seriousness, something as big as this in flash on a 56K would be unbearable.
10-12-2004 at 08:42 AM
HSE

Good. Personally, I hate flash sites. I am still using a slow internet connection sometimes (when my ADSL is being used) and I don't want to have to wait 4 and a half hours just to see someone post "No." to a question I wrote.
10-12-2004 at 05:48 PM
Zmann
Rank Points: 241
sebhaque wrote:
Good. Personally, I hate flash sites. I am still using a slow internet connection sometimes (when my ADSL is being used) and I don't want to have to wait 4 and a half hours just to see someone post "No." to a question I wrote.

That would only happen if he put "No." in secret tags. :D
10-12-2004 at 10:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rowrow
Rank Points: 432

Just testing.

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:10-15-2004 at 05:31 AM]

10-15-2004 at 05:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
icon Re: A weird bug (+1)  
I'm testing out some changes to the secret tag - now you can put *anything* in a secret tag and it will remain hidden - links, colored text, images.... whatever.

10-19-2004 at 05:58 AM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: A weird bug (+1)  
Secreted quotes look a little messy but they aren't even needed anywhere. Secreted text is also Bold
Secreted text written without [b] tags

I wonder what happens if you leave tags open...

<Test finished>
Didn't the open tags hide the following message as well? Now it only hides your signature.

[Edited by Doom at Local Time:10-19-2004 at 06:33 AM]
10-19-2004 at 06:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Nitpicking alert: Could it be set so that when you clicked on it again, it went back to being 'secret'?
10-19-2004 at 08:30 AM
Schik
wackhead_uk wrote:
Nitpicking alert: Could it be set so that when you clicked on it again, it went back to being 'secret'?
I had it that way at first in my testing, but then if there are links in the hidden text, it's wierd to see it disappear when you click on the link. I've got another idea about how to fix that though, I"ll look into it.

10-19-2004 at 12:22 PM
DiMono
Could the mouse pointer change on mouseover from the text pointer to the default pointer? It feels a little awkward clicking somewhere with a text pointer.

Or is that the point?

10-19-2004 at 01:15 PM
Schik
There, now they're re-hidable, and I added the cursor fix as well.

Edit: Oops, I realize this is broken. Fix is in-progress.

Edit: fixed.

[Edited by Schik at Local Time:10-19-2004 at 02:25 PM]

10-19-2004 at 01:48 PM
wackhead_uk
Cool!
10-19-2004 at 02:50 PM
Schik
Doom wrote:
Secreted quotes look a little messy but they aren't even needed anywhere.
Whoa! That was really bad. I've tweaked it a bit again, and this is fixed. I also moved the re-hide area to the front of the hidden text.

10-19-2004 at 03:42 PM
wackhead_uk
I appears to be
, Schik!
10-19-2004 at 07:47 PM
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
I

I was online when you changed it and I thought something was broken. :D

10-21-2004 at 05:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
AlefBet
Rank Points: 979
Hmm. Interesting. The secret text is visible out of the gate in w3m and lynx, but I suppose that was a problem all along. I was afraid the text wouldn't show up at all, but it does, so that's good. (Well, best you can get under the circumstances.)

++Adam H. Peterson
10-21-2004 at 07:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
I'm using Firefox, and my cursor used to switch to a hand on mouseover, but now it stays the text cursor. That's weird. Did you decide to revert it?

10-21-2004 at 10:36 AM
Schik
DiMono wrote:
I'm using Firefox, and my cursor used to switch to a hand on mouseover, but now it stays the text cursor. That's weird. Did you decide to revert it?
Nope, didn't touch it. It's still a hand for me.

10-21-2004 at 12:29 PM
DiMono
Further testing reveals it's still a hand in 0.9.3, but it's missing some CSS in 1.0PR (the text isn't bold or in the nice little box either)

10-21-2004 at 05:55 PM
Schik
DiMono wrote:
Further testing reveals it's still a hand in 0.9.3, but it's missing some CSS in 1.0PR (the text isn't bold or in the nice little box either)
I use 1.0PR, so it's not quite that simple...

10-21-2004 at 05:56 PM
DiMono
Oddly enough, it now appears properly on my home machine, which is the one that was having the CSS problem before. I honestly have no idea what was going on or if you fixed anything, but it's working now and looks great.

10-25-2004 at 03:31 AM
wackhead_uk
What the fool is going on with those secret tags? Note the time and ate on the posts, I just saw this.
10-25-2004 at 06:31 PM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : A weird bug (but not that important)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com