Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : YouTube Embed Tag (Because it's 2015)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
IP: Logged
icon YouTube Embed Tag (+3)  
With all the new LPs and video content that we're getting around here, I think it would be nice to get a tag to embed YouTube videos directly into posts. Maybe under the same provisions as links? (12+ rank points).

I know other sites I've seen it simply as [youtube]abcdefgh[/youtube] where that string of letters is the video identifier.

02-18-2015 at 03:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: YouTube Embed Tag (+18)  

'nuff said. You can use the new button and just paste the full URL. If you can't see the new button do a hard refresh of the page (Ctrl+F5 on most browsers).

Or you can manually type [yt]VIDEO ID[/yt].

Also please don't abuse it. One embed video per post should be more than enough for anyone. If you absolutely need to put more consider hiding them behind the secret tags.

[Last edited by skell at 12-07-2015 09:33 PM]
12-07-2015 at 08:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
karlpopper
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 263
icon Re: YouTube Embed Tag (+1)  
Skell,

could you use this info to enhance the button to allow the embedded video to start at a particular time?

Matt Cutts on youtube embed with time

People often post long youtube vids, and here we want to highlight a particular section.

[Last edited by karlpopper at 02-02-2016 12:36 AM]
02-02-2016 at 12:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
karlpopper
icon Re: YouTube Embed Tag (+1)  
Skell,

kudos for this tag: it really improves the appearance of
youtube posts.

Karl

03-07-2016 at 08:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
karlpopper
icon Re: YouTube Embed Tag (0)  
Sadly, today the youtube embed tag is broken.

I see black squares that do not respond to clicks.

A workaround for new posts is to go back to an explicit URL.

07-12-2022 at 09:22 PM
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1531
Are you sure it's not just on your end? The video embed in this thread is showing up fine for me.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

07-13-2022 at 01:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
karlpopper
thanks, Xindaris.

The problem occurs for me on Windows 11 using Microsoft Edge, but not with Google Chrome.

I'll investigate further now.

07-13-2022 at 03:07 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : YouTube Embed Tag (Because it's 2015)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com