Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Drain Storm (1997 turn-based roguelike)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 479
IP: Logged
icon Drain Storm (+1)  
I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this game - it reminds me of DROD a lot, even if the gameplay is completely different.

Drain Storm is a game released in 1997.
I would describe it as a turn-based roguelike (roguelite?) with projectiles that's surprisingly fun and mechanically interesting.

There were almost no articles and no videos about the game, so I attempted to create a video review, that can you can watch here.

I wonder what happened to the original author - I spent some hours trying to track him down to ask if he still had the game's source code, but I think it's impossible to find him with the information that's available.

[Last edited by vittro at 02-16-2015 08:38 PM]
02-16-2015 at 08:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
IP: Logged
icon Re: Drain Storm (0)  
Yusss... I have downloaded this game on the same day I downloaded DROD:AE and had it burned on the same CD. The game was brilliant and if I remember correctly from the website the author wanted to make a sequel.

I wanted to make a game like this. Play this game, it's that good.

02-16-2015 at 09:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Drain Storm (1997 turn-based roguelike)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com