Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Second Sky : Chronometric Ruins : 4 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
junglejane
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 55
IP: Logged
icon The Second Sky : Chronometric Ruins : 4 West (0)  
I see no way to get through this room. Please help

And How and Where and Who..... Rudyard Kipling
02-13-2015 at 08:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: The Second Sky : Chronometric Ruins : 4 West (+1)  
junglejane wrote:
Edit: Delete sorry, I was thinking of the wrong room!

For this one, you'll need to learn how that new game element works. The temporal split token let's you "go back in time" and effectively have two characters on screen at once. Play around with it to see how it works (you hit tab to switch between). This should give you an idea for how to strike both orbs. Make sure that you also understand how the multiuse pressure pates work so that you don't lock yourself in! Timing is important

[Last edited by Insoluble at 02-13-2015 08:29 PM]
02-13-2015 at 08:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
junglejane
icon Re: The Second Sky : Chronometric Ruins : 4 West (0)  
Insoluble wrote:
junglejane wrote:
For this one, you'll need to learn how that new game element works. The temporal split token let's you "go back in time" and effectively have two characters on screen at once. Play around with it to see how it works (you hit tab to switch between). This should give you an idea for how to strike both orbs. Make sure that you also understand how the multiuse pressure pates work so that you don't lock yourself in! Timing is important

Thank you for the excellent response. I am not sure this is going to be much fun.:weep

02-13-2015 at 08:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
junglejane
icon Re: The Second Sky : Chronometric Ruins : 4 West (+2)  
junglejane wrote:
Insoluble wrote:
junglejane wrote:

Thank you for the excellent response. I am not sure this is going to be much fun.:weep

I now have it figured out, and it is fun:)

02-13-2015 at 09:29 PM
FROST
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
will some one kindly point me in the direction of a description of how this token is used, thanks
03-29-2017 at 09:17 PM
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4590
icon Re: The Second Sky : Chronometric Ruins : 4 West (+1)  
Step on the token, make a series of moves, then press Tab. You rewind back to the token, and a temporal duplicate will appear, making the same moves as you did when "recording".

If a temporal duplicate is unable to make a move (because present Beethro has interfered in some way) then it will continually attempted the recorded move until it becomes possible, then continue with its series of moves. It never skips a move.

If a temporal duplicate is pushed to a new location, it will try to make the same moves from its new location, regardless of whether they make sense.

While a temporal duplicate is in play, monsters will be attracted to whichever one is closest.

03-29-2017 at 10:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
FROST
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
Nuntar wrote:
Step on the token, make a series of moves, then press Tab. You rewind back to the token, and a temporal duplicate will appear, making the same moves as you did when "recording".

If a temporal duplicate is unable to make a move (because present Beethro has interfered in some way) then it will continually attempted the recorded move until it becomes possible, then continue with its series of moves. It never skips a move.

If a temporal duplicate is pushed to a new location, it will try to make the same moves from its new location, regardless of whether they make sense.

While a temporal duplicate is in play, monsters will be attracted to whichever one is closest.
thanks, I appreciate the help

03-30-2017 at 05:55 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Second Sky : Chronometric Ruins : 4 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com