Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Is it possible to expose the Thieve's Lodge?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ratpizza
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Is it possible to expose the Thieve's Lodge? (0)  
This question keeps itching me. After you have discovered the lodge you can tell Sigurd about it but he just keeps insisting for proof I don't have, no matter what I do. Is there actually some way to convince him and blow the lid of the lodge or is that topic simply there to tease the player?
02-12-2015 at 03:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
icon Re: Is it possible to expose the Thieve's Lodge? (0)  
It's there so the player can choose what they want to do morally.

Sigurd is in denial about the whole thing though, and there isn't a way to prove it. I think if we did implement some fallout in Munarvagir because the Thieves' Lodge was discovered, then a lot of the NPC relationships wouldn't work later in the game (in fact, Kraka and Regin might even be cast out :P)
02-12-2015 at 08:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ratpizza
I see. So telling Sigurd about the lodge has no effect whatsoever on the gameplay itself then? But I must say it would have been quite interesting if you could actually snitch on the lodge and get even more praised by the villagers but on the downside having to endure watching Kraka being locked up in the stocks. Oh, well. Can't have everything.
02-12-2015 at 10:37 PM
Jack Stryker
Rank Points: 13
Kraka in the stocks... hmm...

"Blimey, look at what ye done to me! Now I'll starve to death for sure! If I don't freeze to death first. I can't even feel me toes anymore. And that mean ol' librarian keeps on throwin' tomatoes in me face. I hate tomatoes!"

Yeah, I don't know. Seems a tiny bit harsh, given her past. I wouldn't mind if that guy with the rope got that treatment though. Or if Regin did. It'd serve him right for always kicking me out of my seat at the inn, instead of finding his own.
03-03-2015 at 02:29 AM
ratpizza
"Blimey, look at what ye done to me! Now I'll starve to death for sure! If I don't freeze to death first. I can't even feel me toes anymore. And that mean ol' librarian keeps on throwin' tomatoes in me face. I hate tomatoes!"
:)

Out of of curiosity, who,s "thay guy with the rope"?
03-04-2015 at 03:40 PM
Fizzii
He's referring to the thief in the Thieves' Guild who lassos you when you first enter.
03-04-2015 at 08:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jack Stryker
That is correct. I couldn't remember his name, but I can't say I like him very much.
03-05-2015 at 02:56 AM
Fizzii
I don't think he has a name, but I don't really recall trying to use any interaction on him once I'd gotten past that obstacle :P
03-05-2015 at 06:21 AM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
ratpizza wrote: Out of of curiosity, who,s "thay guy with the rope"?

Aake.

03-05-2015 at 07:45 AM
Jack Stryker
Forgot to mention...

Click here to view the secret text

03-09-2015 at 06:29 PM
Heroinefan
Rank Points: 12
Jack Stryker wrote:
Forgot to mention...

I want sorri to get that treatmenr, happy I saved befor giving him gem, hes more of a theif than the girl...and has no honor according the the terminator elf and vylkries definition of it.
05-18-2015 at 01:41 PM
ConjurerDragon
Jack Stryker wrote:

Yeah, I don't know. Seems a tiny bit harsh, given her past. I wouldn't mind if that guy with the rope got that treatment though. ...

At first in the story I had pity for Kraka being an orphan and probably begging and stealing food just to survive. Even when she stole the heorine’s items I thought that she’s not really evil. But when you find the Thieves Guild she is the one urging the guard to get you and if you don’t get free of the guards lasso you can watch how he stabs you to death with her watching - if I had the option ingame I would have both fed to Thrivaldi to distract him while retrieving the stolen bag. Or at the very least put Regin in the stocks and Kraka in jail where she ends anyway later for her thievery.

[Last edited by ConjurerDragon at 10-03-2017 09:42 PM]
10-03-2017 at 09:42 PM
Radiant
ConjurerDragon wrote: Or at the very least put Regin in the stocks and Kraka in jail where she ends anyway later for her thievery.

Interestingly, you get no points or honor for getting Kraka out of jail. Which decision is best is entirely up to you (as with Hervor, as well).

10-04-2017 at 11:43 PM
Heroinefan
ConjurerDragon wrote:
Jack Stryker wrote:

Yeah, I don't know. Seems a tiny bit harsh, given her past. I wouldn't mind if that guy with the rope got that treatment though. ...

At first in the story I had pity for Kraka being an orphan and probably begging and stealing food just to survive. Even when she stole the heorine’s items I thought that she’s not really evil. But when you find the Thieves Guild she is the one urging the guard to get you and if you don’t get free of the guards lasso you can watch how he stabs you to death with her watching - if I had the option ingame I would have both fed to Thrivaldi to distract him while retrieving the stolen bag. Or at the very least put Regin in the stocks and Kraka in jail where she ends anyway later for her thievery.

Kraka is not very nice and it has nothing to do with being a thief. Shes cute granted, but her actions show her to be bad deep down.

Shes on the virtue level of master theif haskey from the original dagonball without the glamor.

Shes, in fact, a female thug.

Despite freeing her and everything, she would still, given the right circumstances, knife you in the back to steal 10 silver pieces from you.

She helped you at the end to save her own skin, from the end of the world, prob under ragan orders.

Loki would prob make a better friend, ironically Loki lie-smith, is more honest about, well....what hes about. He has greater integrity.

That said I don't really hate kraka, shes just dose not have much depth.

[Last edited by Heroinefan at 10-15-2017 04:35 PM]
10-15-2017 at 04:30 PM
Radiant
Maybe. One possible ending for Kraka is

10-16-2017 at 10:23 AM
Heroinefan
Radiant wrote:
Maybe. One possible ending for Kraka is

If you ask me she should have listened to the librarian, in a way.

oh, she should not have married a normal viking...would not do in her case, he would be divorced of her in no time flat, after a public disgrace, no doubt.

Maybe an adventurer prince, also a bit roguish but with strong sense of loyalty and honor.

Love can teach many things.

Honestly, if he was not a bit of a rouge himself a bit like her, but honorable, she would think he was ''full of the leavings of a male bovine'' as it were, deep down.

She would need to learn by example, a better way to be a rouge.

It would take admiration for feats of daring and such...as well as a strongly independent type male, with such a strong self image, that he would feel no need to try to overtly change her or control her.

He should be a noble though, Kraka lacks in semblance of innate nobility or grace, and maybe it would rub off on her by proxy.
10-16-2017 at 03:57 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Is it possible to expose the Thieve's Lodge?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com