Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Second Sky : Now What?
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
tumtitum
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
IP: Logged
icon The Second Sky : Now What? (+1)  
I've completed ...

Click here to view the secret text

... and now there doesn't seem to be anywhere to go that I haven't completed already. I know there's more to come because ...

... so how do I proceed? I dare say I've forgotten something I was told a dozen rooms back but at the moment I'm just stuck looking at a map with nothing new on it.
02-04-2015 at 11:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2430
icon Re: The Second Sky : Now What? (+2)  
Yeah, the game really is vague about this part.

02-04-2015 at 11:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1126
icon Re: The Second Sky : Now What? (0)  
I think you're told this shortly before Ore Refinery, but that level is so long that you're likely to forget.

02-04-2015 at 11:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
tumtitum
Dragon Fogel wrote:

I went back through a whole load of levels and revisited all the secret rooms I'd found but still came up empty on the passes and I'm also missing a rooted hub authorisation, so either they're extremely well hidden or I've managed to find a route through the game (which I've now finished) which bypasses them altogether. Either way it's left me feeling a bit cheated, for want of a better word, when I really should be happy to have reached the finishing line. :(
02-10-2015 at 11:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3406
You've reached *a* finish line, sure, but *the* finish line? I wouldn't be so sure about that if I were you. :)

02-11-2015 at 12:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4576
tumtitum wrote: went back through a whole load of levels and revisited all the secret rooms I'd found but still came up empty
Ah, but what if there are secrets you haven't found yet? If you've conquered the hold, you can now see the number of secrets per level in the Restore screen.

02-11-2015 at 12:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2379
it will be quite a while before you've mastered the hold. There's also a

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
02-11-2015 at 12:29 AM
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
icon Re: The Second Sky : Now What? (+1)  
Important thing to note at this point:

[Last edited by Tuttle at 02-11-2015 12:07 PM]
02-11-2015 at 12:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
tumtitum
Nuntar wrote:
tumtitum wrote: went back through a whole load of levels and revisited all the secret rooms I'd found but still came up empty
Ah, but what if there are secrets you haven't found yet? If you've conquered the hold, you can now see the number of secrets per level in the Restore screen.

Using that tip I've located all but one secret room available from the map and managed to get both Rooted Hub cards but only seven RCS unfortunately. Unless the final RCS card is in that room (which is unlikely as I've already got a card from that level) it looks like I'll have to settle for an incomplete victory after all. Oh well.
02-17-2015 at 09:19 PM
Tuttle
It's possible that you had access to a stamp and forgot to collect it before you left the room. It'll still be there.

There's a list of collectible locations here: http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=38190&page=0#384638

[Last edited by Tuttle at 02-17-2015 09:56 PM]
02-17-2015 at 09:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
tumtitum
So I went back and started the game from the very start again. Found all the secret rooms, completed all but three of them. Found all the RCS passes, completed all the extra levels, solved all of Arky's rooms, printed up the poster, got all 3 hard questions and transmitted one. And still I didn't get to save all the surfacers! So what else can I do?

If it's necessary to complete all the secret rooms then that rather runs counter to the assurance that it isn't in the game description doesn't it? After that I really can't see anything I didn't do that I should have or did do but shouldn't have.
05-01-2015 at 09:46 PM
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2430
tumtitum wrote: got all 3 hard questions and transmitted one.

But did you transmit the hardest one?
05-01-2015 at 09:51 PM
tumtitum
Is there a way to tell other than me thinking it was the hardest (which I did on account of its .. er .. Zen)?
05-01-2015 at 09:55 PM
Nuntar
Regardless of what order you find the questions' locations, you will gain the questions themselves in a fixed order. So, naturally, the hardest one is the last -- that's how the game knows you found them all :D

05-01-2015 at 10:03 PM
bwross
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 376
The nice thing about the final level is there's a Hold Complete Wall so you don't have to do it again if you want to try all the questions.
05-02-2015 at 10:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
tumtitum
bwross wrote:
The nice thing about the final level is there's a Hold Complete Wall so you don't have to do it again if you want to try all the questions.

A what now?
05-02-2015 at 05:11 PM
bwross
It's a new type of gate... looks a bit like a Master Wall. It opens once you've exited via the exit stairs (thus completing the hold), and if you later restore to an earlier point, it will be open. This means that you don't have to do the final level and the big re-entrant room again just because you used the wrong question the first time, as there's one on the North wall of the Entrance that leads to a path that gets you to the exit stairs.
05-02-2015 at 05:37 PM
Nuntar
That said, you get immediate feedback when you ask the right question -- and if you ask the wrong one, you can try out another question without leaving Older Holding Vats. (Speak to the Vessel standing by himself in the main corridor in 1N.)

05-02-2015 at 05:54 PM
bwross
Well, I was trying to keep that a surprise, but yeah... things happen when you have the Vessels on the right question.

Actually, just to check: Do you have three questions or four? Because, IIRC, there is a default question, so you need to earn three and have four to have the correct one. I can't really check myself... the old Holding Vats got destroyed in the version update for me.

[Last edited by bwross at 05-02-2015 06:18 PM]
05-02-2015 at 06:11 PM
Tuttle
icon Re: The Second Sky : Now What? (+1)  
Yes, you should be facing a menu like this when you talk to the guy in OHV 1N:

If so, pick option 4 and then walk out of OHV to the south.

If not, you've got more solving to do.

[Last edited by Tuttle at 05-03-2015 09:46 AM]
05-03-2015 at 09:45 AM
JLE
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 46
Do you actually get an answer to the question, just wondering, or is asking the question the important bit?
06-06-2020 at 02:53 AM
averagemoe
Rank Points: 487
The point of these questions is that they're supposed to be impossible to answer, so don't expect the vessels to get back to you.

06-06-2020 at 04:42 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Second Sky : Now What?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com