Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : A New Statistic
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
IP: Logged
icon A New Statistic (+1)  
Wow!

After having a look at the Statistics page to check the forum's growth, I noticed a very new statistics page for Hints and Solutions Requests.

I didn't know that there have been 460 different requests for help for Dugan's Dungeon, and 13 for my own hold (as yet).

You can even click on the hold to see a level breakdown of the requests for help. Interestingly, Dugan's Dungeon L8 seems to have collected the largest number of requests for help, followed closely (surprisingly) by L3, and then L4.

So, I commend you, Schik, on producing a really cool (and slightly useless) set of statistics for this already great forum, and all integrated into the existing scheme nicely.

Keep up the good work!

[Edited by agaricus5 at Local Time:10-06-2004 at 11:20 PM]

10-06-2004 at 11:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
icon Re: A New Statistic (0)  
I saw it too before. It is so cool. Keep up the good work.When was the general forum statistics up?

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:10-06-2004 at 11:31 PM]

10-06-2004 at 11:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
However, one thing this new feature has highlighted is the absence of one or two help threads not actually searchable by the board, like this one for Veere's Dungeon:

http://www.drod.net/forum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=3552

10-06-2004 at 11:26 PM
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
followed closely (surprisingly) by L3, and then L4.
I guess that's because those are the first 2 level that are puzzles(8 gates of bill etc...)and would need more help. Later on there is also more help that is needed since the puzzles get harder and harder.

10-06-2004 at 11:31 PM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
agaricus5 wrote:
However, one thing this new feature has highlighted is the absence of one or two help threads not actually searchable by the board, like this one for Veere's Dungeon:

http://www.drod.net/forum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=3552
Yeah, it can't perform magic. :)

The problem there is... why isn't that post associated with a room? Dangit, it should be. I'll fix it later tonight when I have more time.

Thanks, I'm glad you like the new stats page. It was pretty easy to make.

10-06-2004 at 11:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
Cool! :cool :thumbsup

But it would be even cooler if the level names were links to a search for all the hints/solutions to the rooms on that level... :cool :cool

10-07-2004 at 02:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
On that topic, I did a bit more snooping, and discovered these three threads, associated with their corresponding rooms, but not part of the statistics page:

http://www.drod.net/forum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=3752

http://www.drod.net/forum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=3700

http://www.drod.net/forum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=3649

10-07-2004 at 08:22 PM
Schik
agaricus5 wrote:
On that topic, I did a bit more snooping, and discovered these three threads, associated with their corresponding rooms, but not part of the statistics page:
Ah. Yeah, I guess I didn't put a title on the new stats page, saying that it displays the 10 holds with the most help topics. I decided not to show every hold that has more than zero, because as time goes on, the list would get quite huge.

10-07-2004 at 08:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
agaricus5
Schik wrote:
agaricus5 wrote:
Ah. Yeah, I guess I didn't put a title on the new stats page, saying that it displays the 10 holds with the most help topics. I decided not to show every hold that has more than zero, because as time goes on, the list would get quite huge.

Oops.

Sorry about that.

10-07-2004 at 08:39 PM
Schik
agaricus5 wrote:
Oops.

Sorry about that.
No problem - I'm sorry I didn't mention it before, or put a title on that table. You wouldn't have wasted time looking for those threads if I had. :no

10-07-2004 at 08:48 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : A New Statistic
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com