Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : The Bridge. (Revolving puzzle world.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon The Bridge. (+1)  
I've been really enjoying this game.
http://thebridgeisblackandwhite.com/
(Windows, Xbox360, Android)

It's like you're in an M.C. Escher world solving puzzles. Great atmosphere--lonely and awe-inspiring. Puzzles are solved in a predict-and-try way that DROD people will be familiar with.

The game is obviously inspired by Braid, which is also an incredible game. The mechanics of time reversal and applying physics selectively to different sets of objects are used. I had thought it might be a follow-up work from the Braid author or the artist David Hellman, but... nope.

Anybody else try it yet?

-Erik

12-31-2014 at 05:26 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2386
icon Re: The Bridge. (0)  
I will check that out.

I also just downloaded another Escher-esque puzzle game called Monument Valley -- you might want to check it out if you haven't already.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
12-31-2014 at 05:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
I've played The Bridge. (It's also on Mac and Linux.) Great game, and I really like the art style. I'm stuck on the last level of Chapter IV.

Monument Valley is good, too. :thumbsup
12-31-2014 at 08:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Lamkin wrote:
I've played The Bridge. (It's also on Mac and Linux.) Great game, and I really like the art style. I'm stuck on the last level of Chapter IV.
I think I'm also on the last level of Chapter 4, but haven't tried the level yet. So technically not stuck yet. The previous levels were starting to get taxing.
Monument Valley is good, too. :thumbsup
I was impressed by the video. Will try it out at some point, I think.

-Erik

01-01-2015 at 03:02 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
karlpopper
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 263
Erik,

thanks for the recommendation: I went to Steam and scored The Bridge for less than $2.

+1 on Monument Valley: a fun diversion, but really easy for seasoned DROD types.

Karl

01-01-2015 at 09:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
@Lamkin, totally worth finishing that level on Chapter IV. There is an interesting interlude and the puzzles change to something a little different.

If you want a hint on that level...
Click here to view the secret text

-Erik

01-02-2015 at 02:47 AM
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
icon Re: The Bridge. (+1)  
Thanks for the hint…but I didn't use it. :D (I'm pretty stubborn about not using hints.) Took me a while but I finally solved it. Totally agree that it was worth finishing that level, yep. :)

[Last edited by Lamkin at 01-02-2015 11:02 AM]
01-02-2015 at 07:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : The Bridge. (Revolving puzzle world.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com