Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Second Sky : Temporal Anomaly : 3 North, 2 East (How do I get here?)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
karlpopper
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 263
IP: Logged
icon The Second Sky : Temporal Anomaly : 3 North, 2 East (+1)  
This is an explicit hint on how to get here: the info is awkwardly spread about the other secret rooms.

Click here to view the secret text

It's also pretty tricky to spot this if you are colorblind.

[Last edited by karlpopper at 12-01-2014 11:22 PM : Colorblind]
11-30-2014 at 07:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
karlpopper
icon Re: The Second Sky : Temporal Anomaly : 3 North, 2 East (0)  
I'm stuck here: my assumption is that I create a Temporal Clone in each of the three boxes, and send it up to the top of
the room to get trapped whilst opening one of the exit doors.

However, I'm unable to get the clone to exit the box and get
Beethro out to move on to the next box.

Am I on the right track, and just unable to see the switch combination to get out of the box?

01-15-2015 at 06:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Aquator
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 405
icon Re: The Second Sky : Temporal Anomaly : 3 North, 2 East (+1)  
karlpopper wrote:
However, I'm unable to get the clone to exit the box and get
Beethro out to move on to the next box.

Am I on the right track, and just unable to see the switch combination to get out of the box?
You have to think outside the box!

[Last edited by Aquator at 01-15-2015 06:36 PM]
01-15-2015 at 06:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
karlpopper
Thank you Aquator: indeed my blindness was keeping me locked in the box!

My solution to this room was long in moves (1600) because I
wanted to isolate the interactions of the Time Clones.

The best solutions on CaravelNet were incredibly imbricated and much, much shorter than mine.

Do any of the optimizers care to share techniques they use for developing a solution where the different timelines overlap substantially?

01-15-2015 at 08:45 PM
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
karlpopper wrote:
Thank you Aquator: indeed my blindness was keeping me locked in the box!

My solution to this room was long in moves (1600) because I
wanted to isolate the interactions of the Time Clones.

The best solutions on CaravelNet were incredibly imbricated and much, much shorter than mine.

Do any of the optimizers care to share techniques they use for developing a solution where the different timelines overlap substantially?

I'm hardly an optimizer when it comes to temporal split tokens, so I can't offer much advice other than the following. If I'm interested in optimizing a room such as this I'll usually make a first pass through through just to get a general feel for it. Then I'll take a screen shot and try to plot out my paths in MS paint or some such program going turn by turn. Some times I'll actually do it out on graph paper with pencil and paper. I find that plotting things out this way can be helpful for figuring out things like, which clone will the monster go for (who's closer on that particular turn), but it can be impractical for hoard rooms or overly complicated monsters.

I'll be honest and say I'm not actually all that great at this though. I mostly just wanted to reply to thank you for teaching me a great new word today! I'll be sure to try to work imbricate into my vocabulary this week.

01-16-2015 at 01:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
JLE
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 46
I'm having quite the trouble with this one.

I think I've worked out how to get all three temporal clones out of their doors and through the business of actually completing the level, it seems that I have to

But... do ALL the clones have to go through the locations and kill ALL the eyes, so that each of them can get through the green doors to hit one of the pressure plate in the northern room? Thus making most of their movements redundant, since for any given eye, two of them will be going where the third has already been?

[Last edited by JLE at 04-06-2020 11:54 AM]
04-06-2020 at 11:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4592
Pretty much, yes. This room is mostly about coming up with a strategy so the timeclones don't get in each other's way (or just waiting a whole lot).

04-06-2020 at 02:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Second Sky : Temporal Anomaly : 3 North, 2 East (How do I get here?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com