Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Odd demo to full data transfer weirdness
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Thunderbird
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
IP: Logged
icon Odd demo to full data transfer weirdness (+2)  
So I recently went from the TSS demo to the full version. I've had CaravelNet active for a couple months now, and had a fair amount of data saved to the cloud. I did a player export and a saves export from the demo prior to installing the full version, though I did not import the full player file, instead opting to import my player from the cloud. As expected, the data from the TSS demo wasn't part of that. I also noticed that not all of the holds I'd downloaded were present (most were, surprisingly), so I downloaded the ones that were missing (I'd made a list from the demo first), and reimported the saves.

Now here's the fun part. It appears the challenges for KDD 2.0 and TSS all reverted back to unsolved (KDD isn't listing any challenges). I'd done some challenges on both, though I don't remember which ones (I've not yet uninstalled the demo though, so I still have the data files from that).

I exported saves, deleted KDD 2.0 and redownloaded it (and jumped back and forth a few times to try and get the cloud to resync the save, which it did), and the challenges were restored. I had to reimport the saves before the locations were added to the challenges I'd been through though.

Not sure what to make of this whole mess, and I'm sure it shows in my post ;).
11-27-2014 at 10:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
IP: Logged
icon Re: Odd demo to full data transfer weirdness (+1)  
I'll close this as "Cannot reproduce" because it appears to be a similar issue as this. If it happens to someone in the future feel free to necro this thread with more details.

10-09-2020 at 11:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Odd demo to full data transfer weirdness
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com