Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : List of DROD puzzle gimmick ideas! (Huge list, no kidding)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Crimson Moon
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 108
IP: Logged
icon List of DROD puzzle gimmick ideas! (+2)  
A list that I have compiled.

1. Half speed potion
Self explanatory. Just like the speed potion doubles your speed, the half speed potion, well, cuts it in half.

2. Timer change/reset token
This will take a little more explanation. The idea is that when you hit a timer reset token, it resets the timer at 30 (or 0 in this case, I.E. roaches wouldn't spawn from the queen), or there could be a change token, which is set with a set time. I.E. The timer token is set on 15, your current time is on 28, when you hit the token, it changes from 28 to 15. Not sure if the tokens would be one time use, or if they should available to use multiple times. I guess that would be the developers choice. (Could always do both)

3. Allegiance switch token
Would cause guards and soldiers to interchange (When the token is hit, guards would become soldiers, and vice versa).

4. Ghost Gentryii
Now, this could have a different set amount of properties (Again, it would be the developers choice).
i. The chain, unlike the gentryii, can be walked through (The Gentryii cannot move through it).
ii. The Gentryii can move when its chain is attached to the wall (The chain's endpoint would be dragged along the wall). It cannot move when its chain is not attached to the wall (By move around, I mean freely anywhere).
iii. Seep can walk along its chain

5. Some sort of enemy that can use tunnels.

6. Some sort of water serpent, just like the above it jumps between water (could move across a straight line on land in 1 turn, killing anything in the way, either moves along the water itself, or it could have a mind of its own). Could be a pit version also.

7. Rock-ball bat
A weapon that only kills on a turning move (stepping in directions is pushing, not slashing). Bombs, 1x1 obstacles, seeding beacons, and possible orbs could be pushed also.

8. Bigger rock giant (This one is not serious at all)
instead of 2x2, its 3x3. You could also have a 4x4 and a 5x5. (Just kidding).

9. Giant spider
2x2 size. works like a spider, but also has the ability to spawn new spiders every spawn cycle. Cannot kill with weapons, only explosions, fire tiles (when all parts of it is on top of one), etc.

10. Rotating blocker
Rotates around you, blocking your moves. (It could start S of you, next turn it would be SW, then W, Then NW, etc.)

11. Brain that can run away.
11-14-2014 at 08:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
icon Re: List of DROD puzzle gimmick ideas! (0)  
These are good ideas, but I think that they could use a little refinement. Try focusing on one of them to turn it into a full fledged idea. Also many of the ideas could be done with scripting. The half speed would be really easy too.

I wish that man would stay away
11-14-2014 at 09:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4576
icon Re: List of DROD puzzle gimmick ideas! (0)  
Half-speed can indeed be scripted (by inserting a 1-turn cutscene after every turn) but this makes checkpoints stop working :?

11-14-2014 at 10:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : List of DROD puzzle gimmick ideas! (Huge list, no kidding)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com