Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Curiosity : Flooded Cellar : 2 South, 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Rinaldo
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
IP: Logged
icon Curiosity : Flooded Cellar : 2 South, 1 West (0)  
It's embarrassing being apparently the only one who needs help, but so be it.

I can solve any one of the cubicles containing a queen, by
Click here to view the secret text

But of course there are 4 such queens, and 3 eyes. So I suppose the challenge of the room is

Am I on the right track? my general method and my idea of what I need to do? If not, a course correction would be appreciated. If yes, then a hint about what to do next, please. This is a fun level, even if I'm having my troubles.
10-28-2014 at 11:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Curiosity : Flooded Cellar : 2 South, 1 West (+1)  
Blocking a cubicle with an eye works because it's a one-tile wide corridor that's two squares long. If you don't have enough eyes to block all queens on a one-to-one basis then a two square long corridor won't do. Can you see any better places?
10-29-2014 at 12:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rinaldo
icon Re: Curiosity : Flooded Cellar : 2 South, 1 West (0)  
Does this have to do with the
I had tried doing something with those, but couldn't make the timing work.
10-29-2014 at 02:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Curiosity : Flooded Cellar : 2 South, 1 West (0)  
Yes.

If I remember correctly its possible to get 2 queens trapped in all of them. To help with timing, the fact that the eyes move first in this room might help, so for example, for the middle eye:

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 10-29-2014 06:57 AM]
10-29-2014 at 06:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rinaldo
icon Re: Curiosity : Flooded Cellar : 2 South, 1 West (+1)  
That worked like a charm -- so obvious in retrospect, as such things usually are. And then "my way" worked for the other two, and now the blue door has dropped.

Wow -- I've never been 4th place in a room before, ahead of all those eminent names! (Yes, I know it won't last long; they'll soon go back to optimize and natural order will be restored. ;) But it's a sweet moment.) Thank you, sir.
10-29-2014 at 11:16 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Curiosity : Flooded Cellar : 2 South, 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com