Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Anymore patches or versions planned?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Bad2dabone
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Anymore patches or versions planned? (0)  
I'm just curious but are there anymore patches or versions planned?

Imo, one which includes a visible honor stat would be nice. :) It seems like honor probably starts out at 50 and rises or decreases in response to actions by the player.
08-29-2014 at 08:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
icon Re: Anymore patches or versions planned? (0)  
There will be more patches, particularly to include any translations when they are done.

But we're not going to include a visible honor stat. That was made invisible by design, as much as it may irk some people :P
08-29-2014 at 11:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Bad2dabone
What can we expect from future patches?

Also you guys really should sell your games like Hanako does. HQ is up there with any oldschool Sierra game, getting paid for doing it would make it easier for you guys to do what you do. :)
08-30-2014 at 12:32 AM
BlueFlower
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 156
Fizzii wrote:
There will be more patches, particularly to include any translations when they are done.

But we're not going to include a visible honor stat. That was made invisible by design, as much as it may irk some people :P
New Idea:
Have honour visible on second playthrough of a class.

08-30-2014 at 12:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22

Also you guys really should sell your games like Hanako does. HQ is up there with any oldschool Sierra game, getting paid for doing it would make it easier for you guys to do what you do. :)

A few more minor bug fixes; we're not going to be adding in anymore new content as the game is complete as it is :) Plus translations, when they are complete.

At the moment we're working on deluxe versions of Quasar and Warthogs, and they will be for sale, with the hope of eventually getting them onto larger distributor sites for more exposure. Money doesn't buy more time for Radiant or me, though, so it doesn't make it easier for us to make games.

New Idea:
Good idea, but that will be up to Radiant as the designer :P
08-30-2014 at 12:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Bad2dabone
Fizzii wrote:

A few more minor bug fixes; we're not going to be adding in anymore new content as the game is complete as it is :) Plus translations, when they are complete.

At the moment we're working on deluxe versions of Quasar and Warthogs, and they will be for sale, with the hope of eventually getting them onto larger distributor sites for more exposure. Money doesn't buy more time for Radiant or me, though, so it doesn't make it easier for us to make games.

New Idea:

That's a good idea.

As someone who missed the flame sword his first time through my first post-game action was to research as much as I could about honor online, and I came across a few spoilers along the way. Making honor work that way would probably make more sense. :) (although I wouldn't advise forcing the player to do every class at least once- just winning the game once should be enough to unlock Honor-visibility as an option)
08-30-2014 at 02:10 AM
BlueFlower
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 156
Bad2dabone wrote:
Fizzii wrote:

New Idea:

That's a good idea.

As someone who missed the flame sword his first time through my first post-game action was to research as much as I could about honor online, and I came across a few spoilers along the way. Making honor work that way would probably make more sense. :) (although I wouldn't advise forcing the player to do every class at least once- just winning the game once should be enough to unlock Honor-visibility as an option)
No, in my not-so-humble opinion, I think the player should "work" for it. If it was one playthrough, you could do a thief (honour doesn't matter), then do a warrior (you need honour for the fire sword), and it would ruin the experience.

08-31-2014 at 12:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Bad2dabone
I played as a Thief but didn't like it as much because the game guilt-trips you a lot and makes Warriors out be completely god-like.

I had more fun as a Warrior TBH and that's probably the best starting class for everybody.
08-31-2014 at 08:46 PM
Jack Stryker
Rank Points: 13
There are 4 things I don't like about playing a rogue:

1. The fast talk skill is incredibly hard to level up, making it difficult to
Click here to view the secret text
I liked it better when you could level it up by using hamstring on enemies.

2. No way to stop that asswipe, Brauggi, from healing; whereas warriors and sorceresses can down him easily with their more powerful attacks. Not to mention, he just keeps on doing it again and again and again and again and AGAIN!

3. When attempting to jump across a chasm and failing, it's insulting to see my skills and score go up. What good does that do me, if I'm about to die?

And another other thing I don't like about the game in general, is that enemies can interrupt all my attacks by striking me, while I can't interrupt ANYTHING that they do. If I'm in the air, about to come down on them with my daggers, they should NOT be able to stop me by stabbing me. Especially since I'm not even standing in the area that they're aiming at.

Also, "Mind if I sit here?" Yes, Regin, I do. Get lost!

Aside from all those things, I still enjoy playing the game.

[Last edited by Jack Stryker at 09-03-2014 01:05 AM]
09-02-2014 at 08:37 PM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Jack Stryker wrote:
1. The fast talk skill is incredibly hard to level up, making it difficult to
What makes you think you need fast talk to do that?

09-04-2014 at 06:55 PM
Jack Stryker

[Last edited by Jack Stryker at 09-04-2014 10:54 PM]
09-04-2014 at 10:54 PM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
In the first case, the threshold is substantially lower than that. In the second case, you can substitute another skill :glasses

09-04-2014 at 11:02 PM
Jack Stryker
Hmm... weird.

*shrug* Whatever. Regin should still go find his own seat. I claimed it first.
09-08-2014 at 03:51 AM
Zazzaro
Rank Points: 12
Bad2dabone wrote:

You could always donate to them, that's what I did when HQ released:). I actually never finished HQ, but have some free time now and am playing it again. Such a great game and was happy to find it on steam.
02-20-2015 at 09:33 PM
TheGameBall
Rank Points: 10

File: agssave.039.hqthor (2.8 MB)
Downloaded 19 times.
License: Public Domain
Jack Stryker wrote:
*shrug* Whatever. Regin should still go find his own seat. I claimed it first.

You should learn to share seats. Here, check out this imgur or this saved game. esjVyTR
04-06-2015 at 08:18 PM
QFG_FAN1
Rank Points: 10
icon The everything bagel save (0)  
This file will give you a saved game you can restore called Maxxed Girl, simply load it, and you will be able to then use any different class solution to any problem, its fun and I was able to get 640/500 points by using this save file!
it goes in C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\Heroine's Quest 1.2

[Last edited by QFG_FAN1 at 02-13-2016 01:47 AM]
02-13-2016 at 01:47 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Anymore patches or versions planned?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com