Announcement: Be excellent to each other.


Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Anymore patches or versions planned?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Bad2dabone
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
Registered: 08-04-2014
IP: Logged
icon Anymore patches or versions planned? (0)  
I'm just curious but are there anymore patches or versions planned?

Imo, one which includes a visible honor stat would be nice. :) It seems like honor probably starts out at 50 and rises or decreases in response to actions by the player.
08-29-2014 at 08:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Avatar
Rank Points: 22
Registered: 07-16-2007
IP: Logged
icon Re: Anymore patches or versions planned? (0)  
There will be more patches, particularly to include any translations when they are done.

But we're not going to include a visible honor stat. That was made invisible by design, as much as it may irk some people :P
08-29-2014 at 11:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Bad2dabone
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
Registered: 08-04-2014
IP: Logged
icon Re: Anymore patches or versions planned? (0)  
What can we expect from future patches?

Also you guys really should sell your games like Hanako does. HQ is up there with any oldschool Sierra game, getting paid for doing it would make it easier for you guys to do what you do. :)
08-30-2014 at 12:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
BlueFlower
Level: Master Delver
Avatar
Rank Points: 149
Registered: 10-27-2013
IP: Logged
icon Re: Anymore patches or versions planned? (0)  
quote:
Fizzii wrote:
There will be more patches, particularly to include any translations when they are done.

But we're not going to include a visible honor stat. That was made invisible by design, as much as it may irk some people :P

New Idea:
Have honour visible on second playthrough of a class.


____________________________
7st Skywatcher, but also
1th Not-Quite-Valid-ish-but-successful Skywatcher.
2rd Something.
08-30-2014 at 12:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Avatar
Rank Points: 22
Registered: 07-16-2007
IP: Logged
icon Re: Anymore patches or versions planned? (0)  
quote:
What can we expect from future patches?

Also you guys really should sell your games like Hanako does. HQ is up there with any oldschool Sierra game, getting paid for doing it would make it easier for you guys to do what you do. :)


A few more minor bug fixes; we're not going to be adding in anymore new content as the game is complete as it is :) Plus translations, when they are complete.

At the moment we're working on deluxe versions of Quasar and Warthogs, and they will be for sale, with the hope of eventually getting them onto larger distributor sites for more exposure. Money doesn't buy more time for Radiant or me, though, so it doesn't make it easier for us to make games.

quote:
New Idea:
Have honour visible on second playthrough of a class.

Good idea, but that will be up to Radiant as the designer :P
08-30-2014 at 12:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Bad2dabone
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
Registered: 08-04-2014
IP: Logged
icon Re: Anymore patches or versions planned? (0)  
quote:
Fizzii wrote:
quote:
What can we expect from future patches?

Also you guys really should sell your games like Hanako does. HQ is up there with any oldschool Sierra game, getting paid for doing it would make it easier for you guys to do what you do. :)


A few more minor bug fixes; we're not going to be adding in anymore new content as the game is complete as it is :) Plus translations, when they are complete.

At the moment we're working on deluxe versions of Quasar and Warthogs, and they will be for sale, with the hope of eventually getting them onto larger distributor sites for more exposure. Money doesn't buy more time for Radiant or me, though, so it doesn't make it easier for us to make games.

quote:
New Idea:
Have honour visible on second playthrough of a class.

Good idea, but that will be up to Radiant as the designer :P


That's a good idea.

As someone who missed the flame sword his first time through my first post-game action was to research as much as I could about honor online, and I came across a few spoilers along the way. Making honor work that way would probably make more sense. :) (although I wouldn't advise forcing the player to do every class at least once- just winning the game once should be enough to unlock Honor-visibility as an option)
08-30-2014 at 02:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
BlueFlower
Level: Master Delver
Avatar
Rank Points: 149
Registered: 10-27-2013
IP: Logged
icon Re: Anymore patches or versions planned? (0)  
quote:
Bad2dabone wrote:
quote:
Fizzii wrote:
quote:
What can we expect from future patches?

Also you guys really should sell your games like Hanako does. HQ is up there with any oldschool Sierra game, getting paid for doing it would make it easier for you guys to do what you do. :)


A few more minor bug fixes; we're not going to be adding in anymore new content as the game is complete as it is :) Plus translations, when they are complete.

At the moment we're working on deluxe versions of Quasar and Warthogs, and they will be for sale, with the hope of eventually getting them onto larger distributor sites for more exposure. Money doesn't buy more time for Radiant or me, though, so it doesn't make it easier for us to make games.

quote:
New Idea:
Have honour visible on second playthrough of a class.

Good idea, but that will be up to Radiant as the designer :P


That's a good idea.

As someone who missed the flame sword his first time through my first post-game action was to research as much as I could about honor online, and I came across a few spoilers along the way. Making honor work that way would probably make more sense. :) (although I wouldn't advise forcing the player to do every class at least once- just winning the game once should be enough to unlock Honor-visibility as an option)

No, in my not-so-humble opinion, I think the player should "work" for it. If it was one playthrough, you could do a thief (honour doesn't matter), then do a warrior (you need honour for the fire sword), and it would ruin the experience.

____________________________
7st Skywatcher, but also
1th Not-Quite-Valid-ish-but-successful Skywatcher.
2rd Something.
08-31-2014 at 12:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Bad2dabone
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
Registered: 08-04-2014
IP: Logged
icon Re: Anymore patches or versions planned? (0)  
I played as a Thief but didn't like it as much because the game guilt-trips you a lot and makes Warriors out be completely god-like.

I had more fun as a Warrior TBH and that's probably the best starting class for everybody.
08-31-2014 at 08:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jack Stryker
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
Registered: 12-27-2013
IP: Logged
icon Re: Anymore patches or versions planned? (0)  
There are 4 things I don't like about playing a rogue:

1. The fast talk skill is incredibly hard to level up, making it difficult to
Click here to view the secret text
I liked it better when you could level it up by using hamstring on enemies.

2. No way to stop that asswipe, Brauggi, from healing; whereas warriors and sorceresses can down him easily with their more powerful attacks. Not to mention, he just keeps on doing it again and again and again and again and AGAIN!

3. When attempting to jump across a chasm and failing, it's insulting to see my skills and score go up. What good does that do me, if I'm about to die?

4.
Click here to view the secret text


And another other thing I don't like about the game in general, is that enemies can interrupt all my attacks by striking me, while I can't interrupt ANYTHING that they do. If I'm in the air, about to come down on them with my daggers, they should NOT be able to stop me by stabbing me. Especially since I'm not even standing in the area that they're aiming at.

Also, "Mind if I sit here?" Yes, Regin, I do. Get lost!

Aside from all those things, I still enjoy playing the game.

[Last edited by Jack Stryker at 09-03-2014 01:05 AM]
09-02-2014 at 08:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Avatar
Rank Points: 134
Registered: 02-05-2003
IP: Logged
icon Re: Anymore patches or versions planned? (0)  
quote:
Jack Stryker wrote:
1. The fast talk skill is incredibly hard to level up, making it difficult to

What makes you think you need fast talk to do that?

____________________________
= Radiant =
09-04-2014 at 06:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jack Stryker
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
Registered: 12-27-2013
IP: Logged
icon Re: Anymore patches or versions planned? (0)  
Click here to view the secret text


[Last edited by Jack Stryker at 09-04-2014 10:54 PM]
09-04-2014 at 10:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Avatar
Rank Points: 134
Registered: 02-05-2003
IP: Logged
icon Re: Anymore patches or versions planned? (0)  
In the first case, the threshold is substantially lower than that. In the second case, you can substitute another skill :glasses

____________________________
= Radiant =
09-04-2014 at 11:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jack Stryker
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
Registered: 12-27-2013
IP: Logged
icon Re: Anymore patches or versions planned? (0)  
Hmm... weird.

Click here to view the secret text


*shrug* Whatever. Regin should still go find his own seat. I claimed it first.
09-08-2014 at 03:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Zazzaro
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
Registered: 07-19-2007
IP: Logged
icon Re: Anymore patches or versions planned? (0)  
quote:
Bad2dabone wrote:
What can we expect from future patches?

Also you guys really should sell your games like Hanako does. HQ is up there with any oldschool Sierra game, getting paid for doing it would make it easier for you guys to do what you do. :)


You could always donate to them, that's what I did when HQ released:). I actually never finished HQ, but have some free time now and am playing it again. Such a great game and was happy to find it on steam.
02-20-2015 at 09:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TheGameBall
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Registered: 04-04-2015
IP: Logged

File: agssave.039.hqthor (2.8 MB)
Downloaded 0 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Anymore patches or versions planned? (0)  
quote:
Jack Stryker wrote:
*shrug* Whatever. Regin should still go find his own seat. I claimed it first.


You should learn to share seats. Here, check out this imgur or this saved game. esjVyTR
04-06-2015 at 08:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
QFG_FAN1
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Registered: 02-13-2016
IP: Logged
icon The everything bagel save (0)  
This file will give you a saved game you can restore called Maxxed Girl, simply load it, and you will be able to then use any different class solution to any problem, its fun and I was able to get 640/500 points by using this save file!
it goes in C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\Heroine's Quest 1.2


[Last edited by QFG_FAN1 at 02-13-2016 01:47 AM]
02-13-2016 at 01:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Anymore patches or versions planned?
Surf To:


Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com

Powered by: tForum tForumHacks Edition b0.98.8
Originally created by Toan Huynh (Copyright © 2000)
Enhanced by the tForumHacks team and the Caravel team.