Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Hint's giving too much away (You can search for rooms with H+S)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
IP: Logged
icon Hint's giving too much away (0)  
Searching for hints on a room that the forum doesn't know if you have seen will tell you if there is a room there. It will not prompt you to open a thread for a room that isn't there, thereby giving away if there is a room in that location. Maybe there is no fix for it.

I wish that man would stay away
08-10-2014 at 06:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1545
IP: Logged
icon Re: Hints giving too much away (+1)  
There was some discussion on that possibility (and other ones) a few years ago before the search was updated: /viewtopic.php?TopicID=20139

I think it's a feature, not a bug -- if you're stuck trying to find a secret then it gives you a tool which you can use to hunt around, but it doesn't give anything away unless you explicitly go looking.
08-10-2014 at 10:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Hint's giving too much away (You can search for rooms with H+S)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com