Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Second Sky : More Fluff : Entrance
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
McLaren0109
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
IP: Logged
icon The Second Sky : More Fluff : Entrance (0)  
How to get here?

I offer only Campsite and Explosives Storage "???"
07-24-2014 at 07:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bomber50
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 872
icon Re: The Second Sky : More Fluff : Entrance (+2)  
Click here to view the secret text

07-24-2014 at 07:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
McLaren0109
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
icon Re: The Second Sky : More Fluff : Entrance (0)  
bomber50 wrote:

Thanks! I will begin to solve Explosives Storage.
07-24-2014 at 07:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
toudenei
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
bomber50 wrote:

Hello, Mr. bomber50
I don't have a question mark on the map.
So I can't get here.
What should I do?:?
08-18-2014 at 01:18 PM
xpym
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 87
You need to move into Chapter 11, which happens after you select the right question for truth vessels. You can change it at Older Holding Vats.
08-18-2014 at 02:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
tumtitum
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
If someone can convince me that nearly all the rooms in this level do not require you to divine in advance by some kind of magic a path hundreds, if not thousands of moves long, with no discernible pattern and from which to deviate by a single step means certain death, and will not take thousands of attempts to come anywhere near completing, then I might consider bothering further with it. At the moment I'm just about ready to throw the computer out the window. It's not fun. It is mind numbingly tedious, and represents to me a perfect example of why 95% of all computer games (according to a recent survey) are never completed by their purchasers.

You have the floor!
05-06-2015 at 08:58 PM
disoriented
Rank Points: 2386
icon Re: The Second Sky : More Fluff : Entrance (+1)  
They're generally not that bad. You can come back here later.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
05-06-2015 at 09:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Aquator
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 405
tumtitum wrote:
If someone can convince me that nearly all the rooms in this level do not require you to divine in advance by some kind of magic a path hundreds, if not thousands of moves long, with no discernible pattern and from which to deviate by a single step means certain death, and will not take thousands of attempts to come anywhere near completing, then I might consider bothering further with it. At the moment I'm just about ready to throw the computer out the window. It's not fun. It is mind numbingly tedious, and represents to me a perfect example of why 95% of all computer games (according to a recent survey) are never completed by their purchasers.

You have the floor!

Fluff is a fun word to say. So, having More Fluff is good as it gives you more reasons to say the word Fluff.
Fluff Fluff Fluffity Fluff.

You may also find it useful that you can click single Fluff Puffs to see what entity the Puff Fluff will target in its next turn, provided that other creatures' movements do not force it to change the Fluff Puff Fluff's target.

I hope you do not let your initial fluffstration get the best of you and give those rooms another fluffy try! I think you'll find that most of these puffy fluffers aren't that bad once you get used to Fluffs and Puffs.

Other than that, I hope you have a fluffy day, or a puffy night, whichever happens to apply to the time of your reading this.
Stay Fluffy.

Fluff.

EDIT: Looks like disoriented beat me to this. Fluff my life.

[Last edited by Aquator at 05-06-2015 09:22 PM]
05-06-2015 at 09:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
This is indeed a beast of a level. Easily in the top 5 most frustrating in The Second Sky. But as others have mentioned, some of the rooms are better than others. Some are downright fun once you get the hang of puff manipulation. Other rooms do rely a bit too much on fiddling around until you happen to get things to work right. So my advice would be this:

If you haven't been playing with unlimited undo, you may want to try it out if just for this level. AT the very least bump up your undo count so that you go back at least 3 puff moves (15 Undo).

Don't start with 2N, 2N1E, or 1S. Those rooms are less lynchpinny and more fiddle-around-until-you-get-it-y. They are probably the most frustrating ones.

Do try:
2S: (a good lynchpin to this one, and if you do it right, there isn't really that much time presure)

2S1E: Again, this room has (a) pretty good lynchpin(s) as long as you remember to click on the puffs to see who they are targeting.

Also, some easier rooms to get you started:

1S1E: was the first one I cleared. I remember it being not too bad.

2W: Is relatively straightforward with a minor lynchpin.

1N2W:
is relatively short and not too tough to figure out just through experimentation.

Good luck. And if you do get frustrated, you can always go work on one of the other end game levels and come back to this one. They're all pretty tough, but they're tough in different was, so you can at least get some variety.

05-06-2015 at 09:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2386
And don't hesitate to use the Hints & Solutions board.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
05-06-2015 at 09:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4592
This level is daunting at first sight, but I found it enormously fun (and I only have single undo). The rooms are hard, but nearly all have short solutions, at most a couple of hundred moves. (One unfortunate exception is Twice South, which can be brute-forced, taking over a thousand moves -- but the intended solution is much shorter.)

Almost all the solutions have discernible patterns: that is, if you have understood what the elements are for and what they are asking you to do, you can reason out the solution. As Insoluble pointed out, there are a couple of rooms, notably 2N and 2N1E, that are less puzzly and more manipulation-heavy. I found 2N1E to be fun as well, but it is often cited as an annoying room. I guess it largely depends on how quickly it "clicks" for you :)

05-06-2015 at 09:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bwross
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 376
I've written hate poetry to this level, and I can honestly say, that having to plan thousands of moves in advance is not something you have to do. In some rooms you do need to plan a route for a puff (to keep it from rejoining fluff or going poof on a monster), and then plan five turns ahead at a time to move it (an undo level of 5 is essentially one turn in fluffy rooms). This isn't much more planning than with manipulating other monsters... just slower and with different rules (ie you need to be closer than other monsters to get a puff's attention, ties aren't good enough).

2N1E is a room where advanced planning would be ridiculous, but it's easy enough to just keep trying until you get it right, because it doesn't have to be perfect. It might take a while. But that's just that room... most of the rest aren't that bad, there's some good linchpins and puzzling.
05-07-2015 at 01:15 AM
cinera
Rank Points: 34

File: The entrance.png (743.5 KB)
Downloaded 40 times.
License: Public Domain
Please help. I beleive I am done with all the rooms in this level. After the last room the screen says Exit level .But I still have a level clear gate at 18,5
Thanks

[Last edited by cinera at 03-05-2018 12:58 AM]
03-05-2018 at 12:58 AM
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
The gate at (18,5) is a sister gate and closes when the level is clear. You want to go through the now open gate at (18,26) so take the exit stairs at (18,22). It's easy to miss!

[Last edited by Insoluble at 03-05-2018 01:10 AM]
03-05-2018 at 01:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
cinera
Rank Points: 34
Ok Thank you very much
03-05-2018 at 01:34 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Second Sky : More Fluff : Entrance
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com