Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Odd snake/builder/pit interactions
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Moo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 224
IP: Logged

File: SnakePit.png (131.7 KB)
Downloaded 150 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Odd snake/builder/pit interactions (0)  

There are "pit" build markers on all the grass squares. The pressure plates are connected to the adjacent doors.

First the top left snake: (each step is a turn)
1) Citizen walks to square SW of head.
2) Citizen builds pit. Most of snake disappears, and head falls into pit (with falling sound).

This is pretty much what I'd expect...

Top middle snake:
1) Citizen walks to square SW of head. Door opens.
2) Citizen builds pit. Most of snake disappears, and a body segment falls into pit (with falling sound). "Splat" death sound also, and blood is ejected to the south of the door square!

I'm guessing because the snake is moving at the same time, the head moves onto the next square at the same time as the pit is built, resulting in a head-only snake which can't survive.
To confirm it's not related to the walls/door/pressure plates, the same thing happens with the bottom snake. Citizen arrives just as snake's head is on grass. Next turn, snake dies, blood goes to west (of square west of grass), and body segment falls in pit.
If Beethro is standing directly to the west of the grass, he dies as well. Presumably the move order is such that during one turn, snake moves, kills Beethro, second segment falls down a pit, leaving only the head, which self destructs. When the tail of a rattlesnake falls down a pit, there's no splat sound or blood.

While I was testing this I tried with other snakes (same happened), but also with a roach... This was also interesting... As soon as the door opened, the roach moved forwards (rather than waiting, as the snake did). While trying different things, this stopped happening, and I couldn't make it happen again. Placement-order related maybe? Shouldn't citizens always move after monsters though?

[Last edited by Moo at 07-24-2014 02:08 PM]
07-24-2014 at 02:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Odd snake/builder/pit interactions
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes