Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Second Sky : Harder Way: 3 South
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
McLaren0109
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
IP: Logged
icon The Second Sky : Harder Way: 3 South (0)  
How to put a adder in the upper bay?
07-22-2014 at 06:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4576
icon Re: The Second Sky : Harder Way: 3 South (+1)  
The adder is brained, so it will never go away from you if it can see a path to you.

07-22-2014 at 07:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
McLaren0109
icon Re: The Second Sky : Harder Way: 3 South (0)  
I close my mirror that leads to an infinite loop in a square 2x2.

I also understand that the adder can be sent while in the lower part of the room. But then how to use the mirror?
07-22-2014 at 07:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
McLaren0109
Nowhere down should not have to walk. Solved!
07-22-2014 at 07:35 PM
mine1984
Rank Points: 15
OK. I understand, that I have to kill long adder before moving the mirror. But still I have no idea where to place it.
08-14-2014 at 03:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bomber50
Rank Points: 872
Click here to view the secret text

08-14-2014 at 03:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mine1984
Rank Points: 15
Nevermind. Got it.

[Last edited by mine1984 at 08-14-2014 04:02 PM]
08-14-2014 at 03:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
tumtitum
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
I'm afraid I just have no idea what you're taking about. How can there be anywhere that there is no path to Beethro when all you have to shelter him is one mirror? I can use it to guide the small adder up to the power arrows and get its head on the drop tile but then there's no where to hide and the adder simply turns across the arrows. If I drag the mirror in that direction the adder stays on the arrows and the expires when it hits its big brother If I leave the central area the adder simply gets into an infinite loop in the square of which 23,12 is the top left corner or if I shorten the long adder by an extra square comes around and parks itself in the bay at 23,15. If I stay in the central area I just get chased around ad infinitum. After hours of going round in circles trying everything I can think of I'm still no nearer making any sense of it.
01-25-2015 at 01:13 AM
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4576

01-25-2015 at 01:25 AM
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
Nuntar wrote:

Hmm, I solved this without using that Adder at all.

01-25-2015 at 08:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
tumtitum
Nuntar wrote:

:thumbsup Ok, that worked after a couple of abortive attempts. I had tried something similar but was never quite in the right place at the right time somehow. Thanks for the tip.
01-25-2015 at 07:46 PM
tumtitum
Insoluble wrote:

Hmm, I solved this without using that Adder at all.

I was indeed working on these lines but somehow I could just never get the timing right. I don't know whether there's been any amendment to the adder's behaviour subsequent to your solving it but it certainly never wanted to play ball for me. Thanks for the reply though.
01-25-2015 at 07:49 PM
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
tumtitum wrote:
I was indeed working on these lines but somehow I could just never get the timing right. I don't know whether there's been any amendment to the adder's behaviour subsequent to your solving it but it certainly never wanted to play ball for me. Thanks for the reply though.
Yeah, the timing is the hard part. You have to set it up so that the Adder is on vertical preference for the turn that his head is on the trapdoor and the turn immediately after. That was the part that took the most fiddling with. After that using the trick in my post above for keeping him vertical does still work in the latest build. I actually just tried it out and shaved quite a few moves off of my previous high score. By the way, it is worth it to check out mxvladi's demo for the current high score for this room. Seriously, it blew my mind to see how quickly and easily this could be done.

01-26-2015 at 01:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Second Sky : Harder Way: 3 South
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com