Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Third Level : 1 North, 2 West (I wonder...)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Zizzencs
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
IP: Logged
icon King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Third Level : 1 North, 2 West (0)  
...if this room is possible without using the potion.
06-10-2014 at 10:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Moo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 224
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Third Level : 1 North, 2 West (+1)  
There's an achievement for just that in KDDL, and I seem to remember reading somewhere that those achievements were mostly based on previously suggested challenges...

Edit: Looks like it should be possible. Not by the likes of mere mortals such as myself though...

[Last edited by Moo at 06-11-2014 12:21 AM]
06-10-2014 at 10:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NoahT
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1132
I just tried it and it is indeed possible.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

06-11-2014 at 12:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 115
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Third Level : 1 North, 2 West (0)  
Day 31
Someone please help me. I know this is possible. It's obviously do-able. Why else would that scroll be there, and why else would it be a Steam achievement? Gabe would be on Caravel's rumps otherwise.

I checked. In an hour, not including all the times I undid a hundred or so moves via the R key, it's 2508 moves now. That's almost 1.25 years per move, but not quite.

I know that, obviously, there's probably dozens of ways I could do this challenge; don't use the potion, and be 5 times more efficient in doing so. People probably did this in like 1000 turns, maybe 1500 if they're having a bad day. I can't confirm, but it feels like that'd be possible.

I'd probably be looked at funny if I went out in public and said "I took over 2500 moves to clear a DROD room." Granted, I'd be looked at funny no matter what, but that's not gonna be doing me many favors.

I've taken to praising the Control Key on my keyboard as a god. I think I'll start a religion on it later. I don't know if I'd go mad or obtain indigestion by mashing my turn sword clockwise/counterclockwise keys in rhythm, only to screw it up once and do it all over. Alas, even this doesn't do much to lower the rhythm of the roaches that spawn.

I'm 99% sure this room is probably a legally recognized form of torture in some third world country. They force prisoners to play this room without the potion, and once they clear it, before their efforts are recognized, they cut the power as to prevent them any gratification.

I'm not really sure if I've taken a joke too far or not. I mean, I never did know, but this doesn't help matters.

I'm gonna just go to bed for now. This room's going to outlast my mortal coil anyhow, if the way things are going continues.

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
10-30-2016 at 04:32 AM
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434

10-30-2016 at 04:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
uncopy2002
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 431

10-30-2016 at 05:10 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Third Level : 1 North, 2 West (I wonder...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com