Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Yet another translation - Russian? =)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
malcolming
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Yet another translation - Russian? =) (0)  
Good day to everybody!

I found this amazing game wonderful and making such a feeling as with old pixel adventures of 90ths ...like, maybe, a Legend of Kyrandia series, and similar! =)

Maybe it'll be a good idea to have Russian translation in addition to existing Magyar and possibly forthcoming (as I see by forum posts) Spanish?

After playing this game, I found myself with a wish and, I think, possibility of doing this (however I'm not able to predict how much time it would take, perhaps some months, I think... it depends on size of game text and amount of time I can dedicate to it.)

Additionally, this idea may be slightly harder than it may appear: russian language uses cyrillic alphabet ("абвгдеёжзийклмнопрстуфхцчшщъыьэюя"), that is partly different from latin one, so, if these letters are not included in game fonts, these fonts should be altered... It may be a simple task, for example, for dialog and menu fonts, but harder for fonts used in on-screen location titles... But I think I may try to do this work too, as you specify required parameters of font letters.
06-06-2014 at 05:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
icon Re: Yet another translation - Russian? =) (0)  
Thank you.

Technically speaking there's no issue here; our games support Russian/Cyrillic fonts just fine. If you're interested in translating, please send me your e-mail address and we'll discuss it.

06-06-2014 at 06:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
malcolming
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
icon Re: Yet another translation - Russian? =) (0)  
It's good news that there will be no issue on support cyrillic fonts, so the only point is that of translation. =)

I'll send you my address in PM now.
06-06-2014 at 07:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Yet another translation - Russian? =)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com