Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : How to be a (full-time) indie game developer
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
IP: Logged
icon How to be a (full-time) indie game developer (0)  
Here's a presentation given by Josh Sutphin at the latest Indie Game Developer night here in Utah. He shared some thoughts on how to survive as an indie game developer. For anyone interested in doing more of this, there are some good experiences here, including some basic discussion of the (less glamorous) business issues you have to deal with when you delve into this world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSOR9VPHrUc

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 06-03-2014 06:24 AM]
06-03-2014 at 06:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
TheEpickz98
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 29
icon Re: How to be a (full-time) indie game developer (0)  
mrimer wrote:
Here's a presentation given by Josh Sutphin at the latest Indie Game Developer night here in Utah. He shared some thoughts on how to survive as an indie game developer. For anyone interested in doing more of this, there are some good experiences here, including some basic discussion of the (less glamorous) business issues you have to deal with when you delve into this world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSOR9VPHrUc

Thanks Mrimer, I watched all the way though, sent to me friend as well, we are planning on becoming indie developers, right now I am learning the base of unity as well as him in some 3D modeling, i am the coding base :D share some tips as well to do with coding. I know that you need to organize it properly or things get out of hand quickly. Yeah, we are leaning towards a 3D FPS Tower defense map which has a energy system in which you must connect your towers and feed them energy to defend your energy source. If I may ask is it alright to post results and progress in the Electronic Games tab. I would love to have some supporters. :D

- Epickz
06-03-2014 at 01:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Sounds cool! Sure, you're quite welcome to make a thread about your game development experience there and post updates for your game. Good luck!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
06-03-2014 at 04:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
TheEpickz98
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 29
mrimer wrote:
Sounds cool! Sure, you're quite welcome to make a thread about your game development experience there and post updates for your game. Good luck!

Thank you, right now I am doing moderate scripting. I am learning how to place objects(Turrets) and meshes at the end of the cursor, within a if loop, if you have the right resources and it is within your building limit, you may place it. After that it well build itself like a TF2 turret.
06-03-2014 at 10:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : How to be a (full-time) indie game developer
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com