Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Full Bore
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Maurog
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1501
IP: Logged
icon Full Bore (+2)  
So what is Full Bore? It's a puzzle game, which was described by some as a "metroidvania with boars", but that is entirely incorrect. It has an open world with rooms full of puzzles, but there are no ability unlocks at all. Your abilities are moving, digging and stomping, and that's it, from start to end. You roam around, collect gems, search for secret rooms and advance the main quest at your leisure. All of it involves puzzles of the digging and timing kind, though the timing aspect is not critical. It's much more about understanding how the elements interact and planning ahead than the execution itself.

So yeah, it's a semi-hardcore puzzle game about the cutest boar ever going on an adventure and you all should totally check it out. On the average, I would give it 5 brains and 7 fun, but your mileage may vary. It's on Steam and stuff.

[Last edited by Maurog at 05-16-2014 07:05 PM]
05-16-2014 at 07:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: Full Bore (+1)  
This game was well worth the money! Very cute, very engaging story and lots of cool secrets. Would heartily recommend.
05-24-2014 at 12:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Snacko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 448
I reviewed this a few weeks ago, and really, really loved it.

[Last edited by Snacko at 06-20-2014 08:59 AM]
06-20-2014 at 08:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
vinheim
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 300
I would definitely recommend this to DRoD lovers. This game is like a brutal combination of Toki Tori 2 and that crytal shard game with falling boulders and gems. The mechanics used have been used to their best, the music is top tier and it looks overall beautiful.
07-15-2014 at 08:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Full Bore
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com