Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : How do you bring down that one frost giant?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Spiffo
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon How do you bring down that one frost giant? (0)  
The one guarding the way to the keep? I got him to disappear by leaving and coming back (original version), but I could never actually kill the thing. Other people have the same problem killing it. He keeps healing himself indefinitely, so we just give up and either get lucky like I did, or quit altogether.
04-29-2014 at 02:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jack Stryker
Rank Points: 13
icon Re: How do you bring down that one frost giant? (0)  
Well, the easiest way to beat Brauggi- as a sorceress- is to earn the lightning bolt spell; which will pretty much make the fight look exactly like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyoqHs1pGaU (couldn't find the english version, but the dialogue doesn't really matter anyway.)

Though if you haven't gotten the frost bolt spell yet, you might want to turn the game's difficulty down first to keep him from attacking you while you get it. Then turn the difficulty back up and come back when you get the lightning bolt spell.

For warriors, learn the more powerful attacks,
Click here to view the secret text
have the battle axe or Balmung equipped, and just keep using those powerful attacks against him.

Rogues... well... I don't really know. I just kept on repeatedly hitting him with everything I had, until I was somehow able to kill him before he could try healing.

[Last edited by Jack Stryker at 04-29-2014 07:30 PM]
04-29-2014 at 07:28 PM
Spiffo
Rank Points: 10
I would be totally cool with this guy being ultra-tough if he didn't also have healing (or if he could only do it once). One time I almost had him and he just went ALLEY-OOP and healed himself twice back up to full. Any time you get close he just fixes the damage which AFAIK no one else in the game does (except that one warrior fight in the thieves guild, but he only heals once so it's okay)
04-30-2014 at 04:40 PM
Jack Stryker
I know what you mean, man. It's bad enough that other enemies can interrupt all of my attacks, by striking me while I'm performing them, but I can't interrupt any of theirs. :angry
04-30-2014 at 09:49 PM
Jack Stryker
Sorry once again, for necroing an old thread, but I just recently managed to down Brauggi as a rogue. The way I did it was by maxing my special attacks - hamstring seems to work particularly well against him - and drinking a power potion before facing him. I don't know why I hadn't thought of that years ago. Maxing skills like strength and weapon use is probably a good idea too.

So, to recap:

Warrior: Learn special attacks, equip Balmung or battle axe, use special attacks repeatedly. (Power potion doesn't hurt for warriors, but shouldn't be necessary.)

Sorceress: Learn lightning bolt spell, cast lightning bolt spell repeatedly.

Rogue: Learn special attacks, drink power potion, use special attacks repeatedly.

[Last edited by Jack Stryker at 01-17-2019 02:43 AM]
01-17-2019 at 02:40 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : How do you bring down that one frost giant?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com