Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Egther Battle (Rogue) (Can't win)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Shadowkiller00
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Egther Battle (Rogue) (0)  
Okay so I am stuck and I am 95% of the way to rage quitting but I am looking for some last help.

I am at the final battle with Egther...

Click here to view the secret text

Obviously I've missed clicking some perfect combination of locations with the exact set of items/actions, but I'm tired of having to go through the entire sequence dozens of times.

I've also tried looking it up on these forums and the best hint I've gotten was something along the lines of...

Click here to view the secret text

Obviously I've forgotten to pick up that button along my quest since every button I am aware of only does one of those things, not all of them.

I'm a long time fan (~20 years?) of the Hero Quest lines and beat 1,2 and 4 long before gamefaqs was a thing. I've since lost my youthful ability to try everything in every part of the game and find no shame in looking up hints when I get stuck, but this is honestly ruining the game for me. I've been feeling an awesome sense of nostalgia with this whole experience and I just want to finish it. Please can someone help me!?!
04-09-2014 at 05:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
icon Re: Egther Battle (Rogue) (0)  
Try making the dagger poisoned prior to entering the room?
04-09-2014 at 07:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Shadowkiller00
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Ugh...

That was it apparently. Thank you.

There were no clues or any reason to think that maybe I was only allowed to perform a single action and that poisoning my dagger might just count as it. The only clue it gave upon my death was that I had one shot and that I had missed implying that I had not clicked in the right place or not jumped at the right time. *Sigh*

Thanks again.
04-09-2014 at 08:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
Yeah, I think the actions were limited just because you've only got a limited amount of time before he'd notice.
04-09-2014 at 09:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
There appears to be a bug here depending on the exact sequence of commands you give.

For example, I've tested the following and it works:
(1) click on pillar to climb up;
(2) press J key to jump to next pillar
(3) press J key to jump to final pillar
(4) press I key to open inventory
(5) click poison on throwing dagger (not the other way around)
(6) click on X button to close inventory
(7) click dagger on Egther

I think most such sequences work; for instance, it shouldn't make a difference whether you use the keyboard or mouse for any of these. Could you please tell us what your exact sequence is that didn't work?

04-09-2014 at 10:38 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Egther Battle (Rogue) (Can't win)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com