Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Some programming oversights (bugs?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ape444
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Some programming oversights (0)  
On my last play through as rogue, I noticed the following two... not bugs exactly, but some sort of error...

You deliver the letter to Liff, then you pick his pocket until you get the letter. But the letter remains on the shelf to the left of his house. You can even click the letter from the inventory on the letter on the mantel: "You're not supposed to deliver the letter to the letter."

Also, you can get presumably infinite dragon-scale armors by continually stealing tools from Andvari, catching him as a fish, and giving him scales. Presumably you should only be able to get one of these. (I don't know if warriors re-flooding the workshop works, or sorceresses using arctic wind again works).

But very wonderful game!
04-08-2014 at 02:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
icon Re: Some programming oversights (0)  
Thanks.

04-08-2014 at 08:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
ape444 wrote:
Also, you can get presumably infinite dragon-scale armors by continually stealing tools from Andvari, catching him as a fish, and giving him scales. Presumably you should only be able to get one of these.

What do you mean, presumably? As far as I can tell, Andvari doesn't turn into a fish a second time. Do you have a saved game or exact steps to reproduce?

04-08-2014 at 08:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Furudo
I had a bug happen recently as well, I figured it'd be best to post it here rather than make a new topic. When playing the dice game, if you win and Volund announces he has to leave then proceeds to ask to show your final hand without having rolled anew, the game assumes your last winning roll is a new winning roll and you end up automatically winning.
04-16-2014 at 02:29 AM
Zzarchov
Odd issue with

Click here to view the secret text

As a rogue with magic. Rather than the correct solution, I used the shadow spell, the enemy chased after the shadow but I still ended up fighting it (well half of it, there is no back half in terms of art) and it couldn't hit me, it was real easy to beat what I assume should have been a difficult challenge.
04-17-2014 at 12:06 AM
Radiant
Zzarchov wrote: As a rogue with magic. Rather than the correct solution, I used the shadow spell, the enemy chased after the shadow but I still ended up fighting it (well half of it, there is no back half in terms of art) and it couldn't hit me, it was real easy to beat what I assume should have been a difficult challenge.

Which version are you playing? Because this should have been fixed in v1.1.

04-17-2014 at 12:18 AM
Zzarchov
Radiant wrote:
Zzarchov wrote: As a rogue with magic. Rather than the correct solution, I used the shadow spell, the enemy chased after the shadow but I still ended up fighting it (well half of it, there is no back half in terms of art) and it couldn't hit me, it was real easy to beat what I assume should have been a difficult challenge.

Which version are you playing? Because this should have been fixed in v1.1.

I downloaded in late March on Steam, unsure how to check version beyond that?
04-21-2014 at 05:54 PM
Radiant
Zzarchov wrote: I downloaded in late March on Steam, unsure how to check version beyond that?

Steam is 1.2. The version number appears on the title screen, as well as on the in-game control panel.

04-21-2014 at 06:21 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Some programming oversights (bugs?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com