Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's quest: Instant death in ch4... (Spoilers) (Strange behaviour, bug or intended?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Shaan
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Heroine's quest: Instant death in ch4... (Spoilers) (0)  
I've met my duplicate, taken the bag from the troll and planted the seed.

I then go back to the room, meet my duplicate and get the text "Your alter ego stares at you in surprise". After the text is gone, I usually instantly die. Sometimes I randomly do not die and I am able to talk to the duplicate, whereupon I instantly die after choosing any option.

Here's a short video showing it: I've met my duplicate, taken the bag from the troll and planted the seed.

I then go back to the room, meet my duplicate and get the text "Your alter ego stares at you in surprise". After the text is gone, I usually instantly die. Sometimes I randomly do not die and I am able to talk to the duplicate, whereupon I instantly die after choosing any option.

Here's a short video showing it: https://youtube.com/watch?v=2-FFPs40GxI&feature=youtu.be

Is there something I'm missing here?

[Last edited by Shaan at 04-04-2014 02:17 AM]
04-04-2014 at 02:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
a cartoon duck
icon Re: Heroine's quest: Instant death in ch4... (Spoilers) (0)  
Are you by chance clicking your left mouse button a lot? You get erased from existence in that scene whenever you do a wrong action, and clicking your left mouse button usually is.

Try going through the text by clicking your right mouse button or one of the numbers 1 to 4. If you still instantly die it's probably a bug.
04-04-2014 at 02:44 AM
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
Yes, that looks strange. I can't see anything you're doing wrong on the video, unless your computer is somehow registering extra mouse clicks.
04-04-2014 at 03:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Shaan
Sorry for the slow reply, I'm located in Europe and was sleeping.

Anyway, the reason for the bug seems to have been having two mice plugged in at the same time. Plugging one out solved the problem. (Even right clicking caused me to lose before plugging it out)

That's what I get for being too lazy to unplug the old mouse.

[Last edited by Shaan at 04-04-2014 11:02 AM]
04-04-2014 at 11:02 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's quest: Instant death in ch4... (Spoilers) (Strange behaviour, bug or intended?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com