Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest (Achievement Question: Hardest Difficulty)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
savaron
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Heroine's Quest (0)  
I started a game, before moving or anything hit ESC, changed the difficultly slider all the way to the right, never touched it again, beat the game, and didn't get this achievement.

Is there something else that I was suppose to do to "play entire game on the hardest difficulty"

Thanks.
03-30-2014 at 06:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
icon Re: Heroine's Quest (0)  
Yes, that's precisely how the achievement should work.

I note in the code that touching the difficulty slider may break the achievement; I'll fix that. I hope that's not the case for you? Alternatively, it is known that sometimes Steam achievements don't register because the Steam connection is down; in this case you should be able to get the achievement by replaying the final battle (presumably you'd have a saved game right before that). HTH!

03-30-2014 at 10:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
savaron
I have a saved game right at the end, re-winning didn't get it, not that it really matters.

When you say touching the difficulty slider may break the achievement, you do mean after you set it to max difficulty right?

Because I had to touch it to set it to max at the very start of the game, as far as I could tell there was no way to start the game with it at max.

Thanks.
03-30-2014 at 11:25 PM
Radiant
savaron wrote:
When you say touching the difficulty slider may break the achievement, you do mean after you set it to max difficulty right?
Yes.

03-30-2014 at 11:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
hunger
I didn't get the achievement in the playthrough as warrior. Set the difficulty once at start, never touched the slider again. The same happened when I completed the game as mage. I thought that maybe the game is asking from me to complete all three characters in hard difficulty.

If this isn't the case, the achievement needs repair guys.

EDIT

Just finished the rogue game in hard. I don't think I can squeeze any more playtime off this game. It was great though. Thank you. And yeah, no achievement still.

[Last edited by hunger at 03-31-2014 03:34 PM]
03-31-2014 at 01:26 PM
maltshik
I did't get achievement for hardest difficulty too. Moved slider to right after intro. Also, I didn't get achievement for all three classes completion. Have You, hunger?
04-06-2014 at 07:19 PM
Radiant
maltshik wrote: I didn't get achievement for all three classes completion. Have You, hunger?

This one should work fine: various players have it visible on their profile. It is possible (though rare) that network issues with the Steam client prevent an achievement from registering; in this case, just replaying the last scene for any class should allow it to trigger again.

04-08-2014 at 08:33 PM
maltshik
Radiant wrote:
This one should work fine: various players have it visible on their profile. It is possible (though rare) that network issues with the Steam client prevent an achievement from registering; in this case, just replaying the last scene for any class should allow it to trigger again.
I have got that (3 classes completion) already, for some reason my "records" was empty so I just loaded saves for all classes and got new records as well as the achievement. Emptied records may be was caused by repetitive closing game window just after moment when honor points indicated - I was experimenting with influence of different events on honor.
04-08-2014 at 08:43 PM
Radiant
Unfortunately, the difficulty slider may incorrectly register you having slid it back down in v1.2, which invalidates the grandmaster achievement. This will be fixed in v1.2.1.

04-08-2014 at 08:59 PM
ntnssc
No hardest difficulty achievement either. I am just so sad it's over :~(
04-09-2014 at 09:16 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest (Achievement Question: Hardest Difficulty)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com