Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : stealing tool from advari's workshop (what am i doing wrong?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
deepsixed
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon stealing tool from advari's workshop (0)  
Hey gang,
I'm playing as a rogue and I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME manage to steal the tool from the Andvari's workshop without him catching me and I am not sure what I'm doing wrong! Ugh! I am in sneak mode, and I have even slowed the game speed right down to give me more time. When am I meant to take it? When he is bending over the water? Another time? Am I meant to stand in front of the sheet of paper he keeps scribbling on, or the other side of the anvil? Or does it not matter? Do my thievery stats have to be over a certain level?
thanks in advance guys

[Last edited by deepsixed at 03-23-2014 11:57 PM]
03-23-2014 at 11:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Corby
Rank Points: 13
icon Re: stealing tool from advari's workshop (0)  
It could be you need to train your Sleight of Hand skill better? That, or stealth.

Also, have you challenged Andvari yet?
03-24-2014 at 02:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
deepsixed
Corby wrote:
It could be you need to train your Sleight of Hand skill better? That, or stealth.

Also, have you challenged Andvari yet?

Yes! I have challenged him. Oh, so the sleight of hand/stealth skills make a difference here? I had only just got the thieves toolkit right before heime had been kidnapped, so I didn't have much of a chance to build those skills up. They're currently sitting on about 25.

Can you tell me if I'm meant to be taking the tool when he is leaning over the water? Or another time?

Thanks for your reply!

[Last edited by deepsixed at 03-24-2014 08:13 AM]
03-24-2014 at 08:12 AM
Corby
Rank Points: 13
Hmmmm... seems to be a skill challenge only.
03-24-2014 at 11:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
You don't need to do this in Chapter 2, by the way. You can come back in Ch3 :)
03-24-2014 at 11:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
deepsixed
Hey thanks for your replies everyone! I decided to come back to it later with a higher thievery skill level (I've turned over a few houses and managed to steal the figurine from the theives guild without being noticed) and STILL I cannot steal the tool.
can anyone please tell me when I'm meant to do it? Like where is andvari meant to be in the room when I swipe the tool?
this is driving me crazy!
03-26-2014 at 06:47 AM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Are you in stealth mode?

03-26-2014 at 09:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
deepsixed
Radiant wrote:
Are you in stealth mode?

yes! ugh. so frustrating! just can't get it to happen.
03-26-2014 at 01:17 PM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
deepsixed wrote: Oh, so the sleight of hand/stealth skills make a difference here? I had only just got the thieves toolkit right before heime had been kidnapped, so I didn't have much of a chance to build those skills up. They're currently sitting on about 25.

Oh, well there you go. That's nowhere near high enough. It's the stealth skill, by the way.

03-26-2014 at 02:58 PM
deepsixed
Radiant wrote:
deepsixed wrote: Oh, so the sleight of hand/stealth skills make a difference here? I had only just got the thieves toolkit right before heime had been kidnapped, so I didn't have much of a chance to build those skills up. They're currently sitting on about 25.

Oh, well there you go. That's nowhere near high enough. It's the stealth skill, by the way.

thank you! I figurine it would be something I could train by stealing the hedgehog figuring in the thieves lodge without being noticed. I've bumped the thievery skills right up and still can't do it, so Ill work on the stealth. Thanks so much!

[Last edited by deepsixed at 03-26-2014 09:53 PM]
03-26-2014 at 09:52 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : stealing tool from advari's workshop (what am i doing wrong?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com