Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : I need Insaniquarium Delux help Tank 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
karlnova
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon I need Insaniquarium Delux help Tank 3 (+1)  
Does anyone know how to kill the red octopus alien looking thing (Type P)? Shooting it doesn't work and that is the only thing you can do. I can't get past the level, so would really appreciate it if anyone can help me. Thanks!
09-06-2004 at 08:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: I need Insaniquarium Delux help Tank 3 (0)  
About time the deluxe version came out... they've advertised it for at LEAST a year or two, haven't they? I'm going to have to download the demo and see if it's worth my money. Sure love the original version.

09-07-2004 at 04:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Keely11
icon Re: I need Insaniquarium Delux help Tank 3 (+1)  
Shooting thew alien will work, it is just slow. When it turns blue and goes limp stop shooting. When it turns red again, start shooting. With the basic weapon you have to let him "rest" 3 times before he will die.
11-07-2004 at 11:11 PM
dddddddd
Rank Points: 10
Keely11 wrote:
Shooting thew alien will work, it is just slow. When it turns blue and goes limp stop shooting. When it turns red again, start shooting. With the basic weapon you have to let him "rest" 3 times before he will die.

By then it probably killed all your fish already. Some fish are stupid and go down to the bottom only to get killed. :~( Also, once it is done resting, it gets a boost of "power" and leaps up killing more fish :~(
12-30-2004 at 11:38 PM
schizorock
The "Psychosquid" as he is named, needs to be shot repeatedly and quickly. The faster you shoot at it, the more damage you do before he goes into rest mode (turning blue). Therefore, if you don't get in enough shots before the rest period, he will completely recover.

There is a very good write up on how to beat all the tanks against all the aliens on insaniquariumguide.com. You may want to check it out. It has practically every tidbit of information conceivable about the game. It's only for the deluxe version of the game, but it rocks.
12-31-2004 at 08:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Maurog
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1501
Contrary to what people believe, it does not recover! When it says it is resting, what happens is this - it stops attacking fish, but your shots start healing it instead of hurting. You still don't want it to be near your fish when it wakes up though. So shooting it once or twice to steer it into a corner is ok, but not more than that. Oh, and by the way, it can gain more than its original life from your shots.

12-31-2004 at 08:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
xxSylphxx
Rank Points: 13
icon Re: I need Insaniquarium Delux help Tank 3 (+2)  
I generally use guppy saturation to complete Tank 3, which means getting 30-60 guppies (sometimes more) to rain down as many coins as posible. To best combat all the aliens you should corner them in the lower right hand corner. As was mentioned already Psychosquid will regenertae his life if you shoot him during the resting period. However, it is still important to keep him away from your fish, the one or two hits you give him to keep him away is worth this life he will regenerate.

If you get Ulysses or Destructor corner them as well, but your first priority is their missles. If you havent used Gumbo to herd your fish away from them, its best to let Ulysess energy balls simply kill one of your fish, you'll do more damage if you deflect it.

Well there is a lot more I could say, but it would be easier for you to just check out the fan run and suported web site at

insaniquariumguide.com

This website is fan run and suported and offers, guides, faqs, strategies, forums (you must register to read them) and much much more, all dedicated to Insaniquarium Deluxe. If you have any questions you cannot find the answers to about this game anywhere else, including Flying Bear Entertainment's own forum, then this is the place to go.

P.S. I'll check this site to see if there are any other unfielded questions I can answer or secrets I can reveal, without trying to duplicate the entire content of the above linked site.
02-07-2005 at 08:36 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : I need Insaniquarium Delux help Tank 3
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com