Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : the game Heroine's Quest will have translation into Spanish? (the game Heroine's Quest will have translation into Spanish?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Killik
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon the game Heroine's Quest will have translation into Spanish? (0)  
Hello,I'm from Spain.
Congratulations for the Game is amazing because the game has a problem for mi, and for many people.
the Game is in English :(
it's a shame
The team will have translation into Spanish?
You will share the texts for the translate?
Sorry for my bad English.
Thanks!!!
and regards.

:)

02-24-2014 at 09:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
icon Re: the game Heroine's Quest will have translation into Spanish? (0)  
We would like to have a Spanish translation, but we will need to find someone who is willing and able to help make one :)

Unfortunately, no guarantees at this stage, as we rely on volunteers to help us.
02-24-2014 at 10:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Killik
Fizzii wrote:
We would like to have a Spanish translation, but we will need to find someone who is willing and able to help make one :)

Unfortunately, no guarantees at this stage, as we rely on volunteers to help us.

Fantastic news!!
I'll ask the PEERS

02-25-2014 at 03:38 PM
Killik
Hello Fizzii

My partners have some questions
How long the game?
How many lines have the game to translate?

Tanks!!! :yes
02-25-2014 at 05:15 PM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
The script clocks in at approximately 8,500 lines or 130,000 words. We've got two translations in the works (Hungarian and Italian) and would appreciate a Spanish one as well. Is this size within your expectations?

02-25-2014 at 09:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Killik
Thank you very much!

I will talk with my partners.

I can not translate.
I have a low level of English.
They're talking about it
you will receive news.

Thanks!!! :yes
02-26-2014 at 04:16 PM
Killik
A partner after a month will be put to translate the game.

the other game is currently translating.

thanks!

02-26-2014 at 09:09 PM
Radiant
Very well, ask your partner to contact us a month from now. Thank you for your time!

02-26-2014 at 09:23 PM
SunkDevifull
Hi there!
There is any news about the spanish translation?
Thanks!
04-10-2014 at 02:09 PM
ElTipejoLoco
Rank Points: 11
If Killik's group's translation has fallen through, I'd be up for giving it a shot once 1.2.1's available for download, assuming any dialogue's changed in that version from 1.2.

[Last edited by ElTipejoLoco at 05-04-2014 05:17 AM]
05-04-2014 at 04:32 AM
Radiant
I'm afraid we haven't heard back from Killik's group. There are no changes in dialogue between 1.2 and 1.2.1, although I'm not sure why that would make a difference. Please send me your e-mail address if you're interested in helping out.

05-04-2014 at 09:12 PM
ElTipejoLoco
Rank Points: 11
Well, just in case any lines of dialogue were modified to clarify things, such as the way 1.1 and 1.2 differed slightly. Anyway, sent you a PM.
05-04-2014 at 11:18 PM
thalionte
Radiant wrote:
I'm afraid we haven't heard back from Killik's group. There are no changes in dialogue between 1.2 and 1.2.1, although I'm not sure why that would make a difference. Please send me your e-mail address if you're interested in helping out.

Hi, I love your game and I'd be willing to translate it to Spanish so more people can enjoy it.

05-05-2014 at 01:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
thalionte wrote:
Hi, I love your game and I'd be willing to translate it to Spanish so more people can enjoy it.

Thank you, bu ElTipejoLoco just made the same offer. Perhaps you'd be interested in translating one of our other games into Spanish?

05-05-2014 at 09:49 PM
thalionte
Radiant wrote:
thalionte wrote:

Thank you, bu ElTipejoLoco just made the same offer. Perhaps you'd be interested in translating one of our other games into Spanish?

I havent't played any of your other games yet, but I'd be happy to help :-)

05-05-2014 at 09:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
thalionte wrote:
I havent't played any of your other games yet, but I'd be happy to help :-)
Ok, please give me your e-mail address and we can discuss it. You can check out our games at http://crystalshard.net - note that several of them already have a Spanish translation.

05-05-2014 at 10:07 PM
walas74
Hi:

¿How is the translation of the game into Spanish going?

06-06-2014 at 03:37 AM
Debhon
Hi! first of all thanks for that game, I've been playing for several days and I like it so much :thumbsup

I am very interested in the translatio to Spanish. There any new? If I can help with anything please let me know.

:wolverine
06-12-2014 at 03:49 PM
zisabella
Translations today provides translation services in almost all languages and offers Spanish interpretation services in all major cities around the world. Our English to Spanish translation and Spanish to English translation is provided by translators with the right cultural and educational background. Since American Spanish and European Spanish are quite different, we ensure that we have professionals with both backgrounds to avoid embarrassing and expensive errors for our clients. Our English to Spanish translation services are used by companies around the world today and our Spanish interpretation services are highly sought after for important international events. Translationstoday.com

[Last edited by zisabella at 09-03-2014 07:46 AM]
08-27-2014 at 08:47 AM
Xialiang
If the Spanish version still isn't being produced, I'd love to help out there. Otherwise, would you like a Japanese version?
10-20-2014 at 06:46 AM
Fizzii
Thanks for your offer Xialiang. Could you please PM your email address to Radiant? He'll be able to get in touch with you from there.

I am not sure whether the Spanish translation is still underway, so he will be able to clear that up. A Japanese translation may be interesting to try, though it won't be possible to use kanji as AGS is limited. There may be a letter limit too, so we need to check whether we can actually do that :).
10-20-2014 at 08:42 AM
Radiant
It would be good to have a Japanese version.

I'm afraid Kanji is not an option due to engine limits, but a translation in either katakana or hiragana (but not both) would certainly be feasible.

11-03-2014 at 01:23 PM
kindra07
Hey! I sent a PM to Radiant weeks ago. I'm offering to translate any Crystal Shard game to Spanish, and share it with contacts if you wish. Answer me if you want me to help, so if you don't, please.
:)
11-14-2014 at 08:49 PM
Radiant
Responded to both Kindra and Xialing, sorry for the delay.

11-25-2014 at 07:40 PM
langostino
Hi,

Please, report us about how is the traslation Heroine's Quest going on in spanish currently. I think there are many people interested in playing this awesome adventure in Spain and Central & South America, and it isn't fair to make them suffer. The last news are over a year. Pleeease!! Do you have a translator yet working on it, or something?:(

Thank you very much. (Sorry for my english) :flowers
10-16-2015 at 11:41 PM
Fizzii
Hi langostino,

We have had many offers to translate the game to Spanish, but so far no one has been able to see it through as it is a big commitment (equivalent of translating a novel).

Unfortunately, we don't know when a Spanish translation for Heroine's Quest will be forthcoming, and we are dependent on volunteers (so it is impossible to ask for firm commitment).
10-17-2015 at 02:45 AM
kindra07
Radiant told me to translate Ocean Spirit Danish before trying with HQ, but for some personal reasons I could/prefered not to. I still disposed to translate, or at least help to translate Heroine Quest, but I have to say that currently I don't have an own computer, I'll try to do my best.
(Hamlet have some... special meanings for me. Could'nt handle it)
10-17-2015 at 02:54 PM
Radiant
kindra07 wrote:
Radiant told me to translate Ocean Spirit Danish before trying with HQ, but for some personal reasons I could/prefered not to. I still disposed to translate, or at least help to translate Heroine Quest, but I have to say that currently I don't have an own computer, I'll try to do my best.

You are welcome to work on another game if you prefer. However, given the sheer size of HQ (and ATOTK), it is our practice to ask potential translators to do a short game first to see how that turns out.

10-19-2015 at 11:26 PM
kindra07
Radiant wrote:
kindra07 wrote:

You are welcome to work on another game if you prefer. However, given the sheer size of HQ (and ATOTK), it is our practice to ask potential translators to do a short game first to see how that turns out.

Wonderful, I just saw this after almost a year. I tried translating OSD sometimes, but I had to leave it, specially for reasons of a major force. I had no access for a computer to do the task, and when I had, it was for very important things, as school and some other personal stuffs.
But more than all, I did not to try again because OSD have way more references to Hamlet that I could handle, and most of them would loose their point in a translation. My dearest Willy had quite a beautiful dominion of english, but, though I would loose my fingers if needed to keep the wonderful things he wrote, it would be terrible having to contact with somebody and say "Hey, there's this pun in the script and I translated it as good as I could. I think that it still interesting" and explaining how would the phrase in spanish be in order to know if is acceptable, if it accomplish the original intention, or since I don't know every hidden thing in the game, it's well-aimed and it's talking about that chair or the other.

Even so, I still interested in translating, as it looks that I will be able to work during summer. If is acceptable, I would like to try with Errand.
I truly sorry all this. As I said, I can offer more entusiasm than skill U_U
11-20-2015 at 08:37 PM
ConjurerDragon
Rank Points: 13
Radiant wrote:
The script clocks in at approximately 8,500 lines or 130,000 words. We've got two translations in the works (Hungarian and Italian) and would appreciate a Spanish one as well. Is this size within your expectations?

If I would like to take a look at the english text, how would that work? There are several .tra files for other languages in the installation directory but none for english?
And if trying to translate something, how does one know the size limits (e.g. when words have different lengths in a translation)?
10-08-2017 at 10:38 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : the game Heroine's Quest will have translation into Spanish? (the game Heroine's Quest will have translation into Spanish?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com