Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Lowest Honor Score Possible (Rogue Playthrough)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jack of All Trades
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Lowest Honor Score Possible (0)  
So, I've decided to try to playthrough the game as a downright scoundrel. I'm wondering if you can actually get all 500 points and have zero honor. I'm going to try it out. If anybody has any suggestions for me. I'm all ears.
01-31-2014 at 02:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Antidragon4185
Rank Points: 11
icon Re: Lowest Honor Score Possible (+1)  
I can hardly wait to see your result; please let us know how you did!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but in my 499/500 Rogue playthrough, more than a hundred points were attached to doing honorable sidequests. Even after stealing everything that wasn't nailed down, I still got 52% honor. I’m afraid that you can’t “follow the points” to help lower your honor.

Also, in my minimalist Rogue run, I still got 49% honor even though I didn’t help anyone. (I didn’t steal anything though.)

Several suggestions;
-loot Sigard’s purse while he’s wounded
-“fudge” the dice during your game in the bar
-Do no side quest that helps anyone
-For more suggestions, see the "Rogue Point" thead.
01-31-2014 at 06:35 AM
Jack of All Trades
icon Re: Lowest Honor Score Possible (0)  
I found out by accident that you don't have to save Sigurd. I didn't invest any points in strength so I wasn't strong enough to carry him. When I walked up to Munavigir. Kraka was waiting out front and the game automatically our heroine as her for help. The game actually told me that I probably would have felt more heroic had I helped him myself.

I didn't really think much about this low honor thing until after I accepted the Jarl's quest. Has anybody refused him?
01-31-2014 at 09:06 PM
Antidragon4185
Also, I found out that you can
Click here to view the secret text

02-01-2014 at 05:24 PM
Jack of All Trades

02-01-2014 at 06:36 PM
Antidragon4185

[Last edited by Antidragon4185 at 02-01-2014 08:29 PM]
02-01-2014 at 08:29 PM
Jack of All Trades
I'm still trying to get a full 500 pt score. But killing rabbits for meat will be helpful.
02-02-2014 at 12:04 AM
ConjurerDragon
Rank Points: 13
Jack of All Trades wrote:
I'm still trying to get a full 500 pt score. But killing rabbits for meat will be helpful.

Strangely killing rabbits with throwing daggers does not yield meat (at least to me but as I tried to train my rogues throwing skill by hunting rabbits and hermelines with daggers it would be very, very rare to harvest meat as I have seen none) - while catching rabbits with a sling as a warrior (or having animal ken) does yield meat... :rolleyes
10-21-2017 at 12:07 PM
Heroinefan
Rank Points: 12
ConjurerDragon wrote:
Jack of All Trades wrote:

Strangely killing rabbits with throwing daggers does not yield meat (at least to me but as I tried to train my rogues throwing skill by hunting rabbits and hermelines with daggers it would be very, very rare to harvest meat as I have seen none) - while catching rabbits with a sling as a warrior (or having animal ken) does yield meat... :rolleyes

All that other stuff I could do, but I could never be mean to the little fox or not help/feed the cat. Just don't have that in me, ''thank the gods for that'' even in a game.

That annoying dog of sigreds however, when I first played, I tried to kill that thing repeatedly when it was blocking the door. It sure, got me killed enough. I sort of liked the Jarls dog though, in an odd way. He was sort of jaunty and cheerful. Would not want, but did feed and liked seeing around.

Robbing the dead? Eh, to a viking that distain graveyards and burned there dead on a pyre, because the idea of burning would negate other ideas, would not mater much.

That's also the one thing I never judged Colman collins to much for in ''Shadowland'', in his past as Dr collector. He was absolutely right, the money would have done the dead soldier no good. If it was a personal item that should be returned to the family though thats another matter.

In heroines quest, it was not like these men were Pharaohs, and a sacred rite was being disrupted or anything.

As for sig, you have to admit he is a bit of an Ahole. He demurs too much. It's in poor taste. Yet robbing him is also because she did not know that at the time. So it was rude. Also disrespectful to the beings that honored her with a visit/the vision to save him. Not at all wise. That's curse material right there.

I was tempted as well, to mock the Norns to but did not. It was mostly because they called her mortal so many times it was as if they were insecure about there station in life and had to affirm something to themselves. Not logical for the fates.

Showing themselves and saying what they had to say would have been enough. She would be humbled enough by there the mere power of presence, and shocked into doing what they wanted, at least provisionally.

Also, one among there number is the one that measures and cuts at her whim. Not wise to mock them. Whistling past that graveyard would have been foolish indeed.

[Last edited by Heroinefan at 10-21-2017 04:57 PM]
10-21-2017 at 04:35 PM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
ConjurerDragon wrote: Strangely killing rabbits with throwing daggers does not yield meat
Getting edible food from an animal requires a certain skill...

10-21-2017 at 10:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ConjurerDragon
Rank Points: 13
Radiant wrote:
ConjurerDragon wrote: Strangely killing rabbits with throwing daggers does not yield meat
Getting edible food from an animal requires a certain skill...

That is not that generally true.
A sorceress or rogue without animal ken but with some sharp weapon can slaughter a varg for meat quite fine. Only skinning for a pelt is reserved to warriors or other characters with animal ken.

I just loaded a savegame from my old game as a sorceress and as expected could use melee daggers to cut out some meat from a varg. :wizard

10-22-2017 at 06:34 PM
Heroinefan
Rank Points: 12
Ironically you better be a magic user for low honor. Its OOC to blackmail Kraka as a rouge. With the sorceress there are only advantages if she has stealth and stealing. You can basically do what you want.

That said, I wonder if the people don't know it? Their replies are different or somehow clipped.

In my opinion considering what you are doing for them, saving their children, saving there leader restoring there health ''saving their soul from the mist in at least one case?'' Not to mention saving the world itself.

They have no right to deny you anything. If they imprison or kill you they are fools. The things you take, are used to save their ungrateful hides, and stay alive while doing so.

They should get down, and kiss her little porcelain feet, and thank her for taking the items, given the alternative.

Not to mention, shes working under the guidance of the fates themselves, from there religion.

That she should need to steal anything in the first place, is unpragmatic, and also insane. What total, unbelievable, idiotic and complete A-holes. Shes a pally just for helping them at all, the way they are.

She is being dishonorable by sinking to the level of needing to steal. Of deigning to do so and still help them when she had to.

[Last edited by Heroinefan at 10-23-2017 08:50 PM]
10-23-2017 at 08:42 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Lowest Honor Score Possible (Rogue Playthrough)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com