Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : I'm having trouble getting a vouch from Lithrasir & Story for Arngrim
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Darkwolf
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon I'm having trouble getting a vouch from Lithrasir & Story for Arngrim (0)  
I think I need to get some flowers but not sure where? I think the flowers come from Eitri. But I don't know what to give him. I gave the paw print for the gloves and now he wants word from Alviss. But I don't know where Alvis is. Anyone able to help me? I spent hours doing everything and going everywhere I can. Also I need to tell a great story to Arngrim but I don't know what to tell him. I told him of 2 of my adventures (not counting the 3 fake ones) But not sure where to get a great story to tell him. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
01-27-2014 at 05:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Darkwolf
icon Re: I'm having trouble getting a vouch from Lithrasir & Story for Arngrim (0)  
Darkwolf wrote:
I think I need to get some flowers but not sure where? I think the flowers come from Eitri. But I don't know what to give him. I gave the paw print for the gloves and now he wants word from Alviss. But I don't know where Alvis is. Anyone able to help me? I spent hours doing everything and going everywhere I can. Also I need to tell a great story to Arngrim but I don't know what to tell him. I told him of 2 of my adventures (not counting the 3 fake ones) But not sure where to get a great story to tell him. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok got the flowers So skip that. Just game him a icepick.
01-27-2014 at 05:44 PM
Darkwolf
icon Flowers for Lithrasir from Liff? (0)  
I tryed to give the flowers to Lithrasir & to Liff. But since she did not like the other flowers. he won't take them what shouls I do?

01-27-2014 at 05:51 PM
Spiffo
icon Re: Flowers for Lithrasir from Liff? (0)  
Darkwolf wrote:
I tryed to give the flowers to Lithrasir & to Liff. But since she did not like the other flowers. he won't take them what shouls I do?

Assuming the quest is still open, you should be able to show Liff the flowers and then he'll be like "these are perfect, send them to Lithrasir!"

If you said "Lithrasir doesn't want your flowers" or "Liff doesn't want your letters" then the quest would be closed, otherwise you're almost there.
01-27-2014 at 06:19 PM
Darkwolf
icon Re: Flowers for Lithrasir from Liff? (0)  
He looked interested but then said hesidently. nevermind. So I don't know if i screwed up! I just hope I don't have to restart the game from the beginning:~(

[Last edited by Darkwolf at 01-27-2014 08:10 PM]
01-27-2014 at 07:56 PM
Spiffo
icon Re: I'm having trouble getting a vouch from Lithrasir & Story for Arngrim (0)  
You shouldn't be able to make the game unwinnable, even if you messed up those two. As a spoiler, here's how I solved it:
1. quest start
Click here to view the secret text

2. finish that part

3. Haugbui

4. reward

5. Use that reward on a different thing

6. Finally, the flowers!

7. Delivery

8. Bridge troll.

9. Confirm the appointments.
10. Success! Don't consume the reward you get from this, it's used in another quest (yeah it keeps going).

You should be able to beat the game even if you messed this one up by accident.
01-27-2014 at 09:26 PM
Darkwolf
Spiffo wrote:
You shouldn't be able to make the game unwinnable, even if you messed up those two. As a spoiler, here's how I solved it:
1. quest start

2. finish that part

3. Haugbui

4. reward

6. Finally, the flowers!

7. Delivery

8. Bridge troll.

10. Success! Don't consume the reward you get from this, it's used in another quest (yeah it keeps going).

You should be able to beat the game even if you messed this one up by accident.

Liff Still won't take the flowers. I don't know what to do so I guess I got to play the game All...... over at the beginning!!! Sigh...:~(
01-28-2014 at 05:39 AM
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
You shouldn't need to play the game all over from the beginning again, unless you didn't visit the Thieves' Guild in Chapter 1. And even then there's a glitch which lets you continue if you really don't want to start over.

The Liff and Lithrasir quest is broken because you said to one of them that the other was not interested, and there's no way to get them back together now. Relationships aren't easy to mend, and it would be really awkward explaining WHY you lied to them.
01-28-2014 at 05:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Darkwolf
I'm a Warrior btw. Also I don't know what glitch you are referring to. If I have to I can start over. Its no big deal. I need to play it again to make a complete walkthrough anyway. But if there is a glitch to make it easier for me to continue please let me know thanks!
01-28-2014 at 06:31 AM
Fizzii
Well, did you get your stuff back from the Thieves' Guild?

If you did, you can do the quests for Jarl, Aurvandel and Snorri. Volund will vouch for you since you helped Heime in Ch2.
01-28-2014 at 06:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Darkwolf
Fizzii wrote:
Well, did you get your stuff back from the Thieves' Guild?

If you did, you can do the quests for Jarl, Aurvandel and Snorri. Volund will vouch for you since you helped Heime in Ch2.

Ok I did do all the quests. I though I had to get Liff and Lithrasir together to get her vouch. But I guess Aurvandel is finally satisfied to give me the second eye. Anyway thank you four you support and help. I'm glad to have friends who I can enjoy and learn from. Makes me feel like I'm playing World of Warcraft again.:lol
01-28-2014 at 01:51 PM
Darkwolf
I finished the game as a Warrior. Thank you all for your help. I didn't get max points. But I think my second playthrough will be way easier now. Thanks again!
01-28-2014 at 02:46 PM
Spiffo
Yeah it's a lot easier if you nail the Liff/Lithrasir quest, because you also get whats-his-face tower dude too. So that's like three people from one quest (four if you count Aurvendel but you can't miss him).

Glad you made it through. :)
01-28-2014 at 10:02 PM
Nevill
I have advanced the game to Chapter 4 without finishing Liff's quest first. I can't see how to finish it now.

So, is it a bug, or am I missing something obvious? What are exact steps required to solve the quest?
02-15-2014 at 07:55 AM
Mike the Wino
Spiffo wrote:
1. quest start

2. finish that part

3. Haugbui

4. reward

6. Finally, the flowers!

7. Delivery

8. Bridge troll.

I'm a Warrior, as far as I know I'm still in Chapter 3, and I've done all these steps above and am trying to get Liff to come with me to meet his chick. He just keeps whining about the bridge troll, yet it's broad daylight and the troll isn't even there. No option for me to tell him it's not there, either. Why is he being such a namby-pamby? Besides, the bridge can be completely avoided by going CCW out of Munarvagir. This couple really want to get it on, but I can't figure out how to get Liff to quit acting like a pansy. I certainly have enough money to pay off the troll to let him pass (he already took 50 to let me pass)...so what's the secret here? How can I get Liff to come with me? Does it need to happen at night somehow?
02-18-2014 at 01:52 AM
Fizzii
Lithrasir wants to meet Liff in the evenings when Lith has her tavern shut up. Which is why Liff doesn't want to go to the holt; because Fremont is out standing there at night.

You don't need to get Liff to go with you, you just need to deal with Fremont (and he tells you to pay him for your friend Liff. Or you can get rid of him in another way).
02-18-2014 at 06:56 AM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Mike the Wino wrote: Why is he being such a namby-pamby?
Because have you seen the size of that troll? Not everyone is a heroine.

Besides, the bridge can be completely avoided by going CCW out of Munarvagir.
And run into a muspell or bergrisi on the way? No thanks :lol

02-18-2014 at 10:56 AM
Spiffo
Mike the Wino wrote: I'm a Warrior, as far as I know I'm still in Chapter 3, and I've done all these steps above and am trying to get Liff to come with me to meet his chick. He just keeps whining about the bridge troll, yet it's broad daylight and the troll isn't even there. No option for me to tell him it's not there, either. Why is he being such a namby-pamby? Besides, the bridge can be completely avoided by going CCW out of Munarvagir. This couple really want to get it on, but I can't figure out how to get Liff to quit acting like a pansy. I certainly have enough money to pay off the troll to let him pass (he already took 50 to let me pass)...so what's the secret here? How can I get Liff to come with me? Does it need to happen at night somehow?

I paid the troll using <that item>, and I did it in early Chapter 3. Later on, when it was time to bring Liff to the meeting place, he complained about the troll. I went to speak to the Troll and he wanted payment again (I guess one for me, and one for Liff).

So you have to pay the troll toll. Two people, two payments.

(if you don't want to part with your cash, you can steal That Item from Andvari's place. It's just sitting on the table. It comes back too - I was able to pay the toll with the same ring both times).
02-18-2014 at 05:14 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : I'm having trouble getting a vouch from Lithrasir & Story for Arngrim
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com