Announcement: Be excellent to each other.


Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest - couple of questions (spoilers)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
hephalumph
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Registered: 01-05-2014
IP: Logged
icon Heroine's Quest - couple of questions (spoilers) (0)  
(don't know how to use spoiler tags, so there's potential spoilers unhidden in here)

I rescued heime, went back to midgarde and found my way to forsigtuna. I then immediately made my way south to give regin the chest and sell him the crystal I had gotten. I waited an hour a few times until it was night, and then I had two problems.

First, the crystal was now 'burnt' and he did not want it. I never checked it, but my autosave on entering forsigtuna also had it burnt; so obviously I need to find a way to protect it from the sunlight, not simply leave it in my inventory untouched. I reloaded a save before I rescued heime, and tried every item I have in combination with the crystal, starting with those that may make sense to hide it or protect it, moving to every other object I possess, and can find no way. How do I keep it hidden?

Second, I tried to give regin the chest, and it disappeared from my inventory but all he said to me was "you already sold that to me" or something along those lines, and mentioned nothing about the quest he had given me to kill fafnir. I got no reward, no acknowledgement, and still lost the chest.
01-05-2014 at 12:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RogueIce
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Registered: 12-30-2013
IP: Logged
icon Re: Heroine's Quest - couple of questions (spoilers) (0)  
Are you a Rogue and have you pickpocketed the horse figurine from Regin? I've seen other people on the forum have that same issue with the gem chest, and that was what they did. The horse figurine is your reward for his quest, and if you already stole it off him you essentially broke it.

As far as the crystal goes, it'll burn up in the light of Midgard's sun. So...you take it out with you at night and get it to Regin before morning dawns (don't worry, he's a night owl). Not sure if this will work out if doing it while saving Heime; that sequence is somewhat scripted and may put you into the daytime hours. I'd have to experiment with that. Probably safest to wait until after you rescue the boy to attempt this.

[Last edited by RogueIce at 01-05-2014 02:06 PM]
01-05-2014 at 02:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
PicaLudica
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Registered: 12-27-2013
IP: Logged
icon Re: Heroine's Quest - couple of questions (spoilers) (0)  
quote:
RogueIce wrote: As far as the crystal goes, it'll burn up in the light of Midgard's sun. So...you take it out with you at night and get it to Regin before morning dawns (don't worry, he's a night owl).
Click here to view the secret text

01-05-2014 at 02:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
hephalumph
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Registered: 01-05-2014
IP: Logged
icon Re: Heroine's Quest - couple of questions (spoilers) (0)  
quote:
RogueIce wrote:
Are you a Rogue and have you pickpocketed the horse figurine from Regin? I've seen other people on the forum have that same issue with the gem chest, and that was what they did. The horse figurine is your reward for his quest, and if you already stole it off him you essentially broke it.

As far as the crystal goes, it'll burn up in the light of Midgard's sun. So...you take it out with you at night and get it to Regin before morning dawns (don't worry, he's a night owl). Not sure if this will work out if doing it while saving Heime; that sequence is somewhat scripted and may put you into the daytime hours. I'd have to experiment with that. Probably safest to wait until after you rescue the boy to attempt this.
I had indeed stolen the horse figurine earlier. I think, perhaps, if it is a required item for the quest, it should not be stealable... or, scripting in an alternate reward would be much better.

As to the daylight thing; I tried going back to my prior save, resting at the circle after rescuing heime, and ensuring I left svartalfheim at night. I was able to keep the crystal intact in that manner.
01-05-2014 at 02:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RogueIce
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Registered: 12-30-2013
IP: Logged
icon Re: Heroine's Quest - couple of questions (spoilers) (0)  
quote:
hephalumph wrote:
quote:
RogueIce wrote:
Are you a Rogue and have you pickpocketed the horse figurine from Regin? I've seen other people on the forum have that same issue with the gem chest, and that was what they did. The horse figurine is your reward for his quest, and if you already stole it off him you essentially broke it.

As far as the crystal goes, it'll burn up in the light of Midgard's sun. So...you take it out with you at night and get it to Regin before morning dawns (don't worry, he's a night owl). Not sure if this will work out if doing it while saving Heime; that sequence is somewhat scripted and may put you into the daytime hours. I'd have to experiment with that. Probably safest to wait until after you rescue the boy to attempt this.
I had indeed stolen the horse figurine earlier. I think, perhaps, if it is a required item for the quest, it should not be stealable... or, scripting in an alternate reward would be much better.

Sorry, I was unclear.

The figurine is the reward for turning in the gem chest. So if you've already stolen it, you can hardly expect to be given another reward. ;)

Thus, the quest is 'resolved' just in a nonstandard way.

Late Game Spoiler:
Click here to view the secret text

01-05-2014 at 02:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Zachski
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Registered: 01-01-2014
IP: Logged
icon Re: Heroine's Quest - couple of questions (spoilers) (0)  
quote:
RogueIce wrote:
Late Game Spoiler:
Click here to view the secret text



Click here to view the secret text


[Last edited by Zachski at 01-05-2014 10:35 PM]
01-05-2014 at 10:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dunge
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Registered: 06-17-2005
IP: Logged
icon Re: Heroine's Quest - couple of questions (spoilers) (0)  
Hello there,

I'm a sorceress following the official walkthrough (just to know what to do next, not for puzzle solutions).

I taken the crystal and now want to get rid of it without it decaying to the sun. I can go to Midgard at night, but I can't enter the city to sell it to Regin (don't have climbing skill). How else can you get to him?

Someone said "he's a night owl". Does he transform into the owl roaming at night? I still can't talk to him (don't have the animal friendly skill either).

edit: Nevermind, got it, can just teleport inside.

[Last edited by Dunge at 07-16-2014 06:52 PM]
07-16-2014 at 06:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest - couple of questions (spoilers)
Surf To:


Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com

Powered by: tForum tForumHacks Edition b0.98.8
Originally created by Toan Huynh (Copyright © 2000)
Enhanced by the tForumHacks team and the Caravel team.