Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Svartalfheim crystal puzzle
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Doomguy
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Svartalfheim crystal puzzle (0)  
Hello heroes and heroines, I am a long time adventure game player starting with Legend of Kyrandia and Quest for Glory 4. I have always loved these games for the beautiful painterly graphics and sense of exploration. Heroine's Quest really feels like it achieved this and for this reason it is my QFG6.

However, one thing that has always bothered me in these types of games are the puzzles. Not that I have anything against puzzles but I really dislike being stuck for long periods of times in games. I've tried every combination I could think of but I'm afraid I'm lost.

By using my powers of deduction, I have deduced that each crystal must only be touched once. Is that it or am I a complete doofus?

[Last edited by Doomguy at 01-03-2014 08:39 AM]
01-03-2014 at 08:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Zachski
icon Re: Svartalfheim crystal puzzle (0)  
You are correct.

However, the puzzle is in svartalf lands, and so you must think like a svartalf, who are known to be very upside-down in their thinking.

The crystals that shine are a hint to the order in which you click the crystals, but you should turn your thinking around.

Click here to view the secret text

01-03-2014 at 08:43 AM
v_k
Doomguy wrote:
Hello heroes and heroines, I am a long time adventure game player starting with Legend of Kyrandia and Quest for Glory 4. I have always loved these games for the beautiful painterly graphics and sense of exploration. Heroine's Quest really feels like it achieved this and for this reason it is my QFG6.

However, one thing that has always bothered me in these types of games are the puzzles. Not that I have anything against puzzles but I really dislike being stuck for long periods of times in games. I've tried every combination I could think of but I'm afraid I'm lost.

By using my powers of deduction, I have deduced that each crystal must only be touched once. Is that it or am I a complete doofus?

There's currently a small bug with this puzzle, so you better close and reopen the panel between trying out different solutions.
01-03-2014 at 09:35 AM
Doomguy
Right so the crystals that make others shine is 13452 from what I see but when I reverse and get 25431, it doesn't work.
01-03-2014 at 09:36 AM
PicaLudica
Doomguy wrote:
Right so the crystals that make others shine is 13452 from what I see but when I reverse and get 25431, it doesn't work.
There's an error in your sequence. There are only two crystals that can be the beginning/end of the sequence.

01-03-2014 at 10:04 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Svartalfheim crystal puzzle
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com