Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest: 2 questions - fishnet and crate-opener-tool (Rogue)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Avo
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Heroine's Quest: 2 questions - fishnet and crate-opener-tool (Rogue) (0)  
I've seen several posts talking about a fishnet, as if it's obvious that you should have it. I have never had it. Can anyone tell me how to get it?

Also, some posts on the forum details that the workshop in Svartalfheim contains some tools for opening a specific crate. I did the "Clean the workshop" with a wind spell, but I didn't get any tools, and as far as I can see they're not on the table (as I understand they should be) - did I do anything wrong, or will they appear later?

[Last edited by Avo at 01-02-2014 11:56 PM]
01-02-2014 at 11:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
icon Re: Heroine's Quest: 2 questions - fishnet and crate-opener-tool (Rogue) (0)  
No, there are class specific quests and items. So even though someone might say you do a puzzle 'like this', it might only apply to one class :)

Fishing net is lying around; if you wander around the world, you will find it (explore the world map). It's at a place that is normally good for fishing.
01-03-2014 at 12:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
PicaLudica
icon Re: Heroine's Quest: 2 questions - fishnet and crate-opener-tool (Rogue) (0)  
Fishing net:
Click here to view the secret text

Tool for opening the crate:

01-03-2014 at 12:03 AM
Avo
Thank you both. I found the fishing net. I really don't know how I managed to overlook that one :)

Regarding the tool. It doesn't seem like I can get it anymore (not even after using the fishnet) - Is there any other way to open the crate for a rogue? (I have magical abilities, if that helps at all)
01-03-2014 at 12:45 AM
Man I read the topic title as "Heroine's Quest 2: ..." and nearly fell off my chair :lol
01-03-2014 at 12:53 AM
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
Avo - doesn't seem like it. It's not critical to completion of the game so you should be able to progress to the end regardless.

Man I read the topic title as "Heroine's Quest 2: ..." and nearly fell off my chair
Eager :)
01-03-2014 at 12:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Avo
1848 wrote:
Man I read the topic title as "Heroine's Quest 2: ..." and nearly fell off my chair :lol

Haha, sorry about that. - I am awaiting to see if I can save my hero at the end of the game. That will be a pretty good indication about a possible sequel :D
01-03-2014 at 01:04 AM
Avo
Fizzii wrote:
Avo - doesn't seem like it. It's not critical to completion of the game so you should be able to progress to the end regardless.

I am hereby crying. Or well, no I'm not. But I'm a completionist, so it actually stings quite a bit.
01-03-2014 at 01:07 AM
Zachski
Avo wrote:
Fizzii wrote:

I am hereby crying. Or well, no I'm not. But I'm a completionist, so it actually stings quite a bit.

Well... here's a bit of advice for the future:

Don't cross-class the first time you play through a character. This goes for Quest for Glory and Heroine's Quest both. All of the relevant puzzles in the game are completable by a character without cross-classing.

Completing quests the "wrong" way, while they still earn you points and advance the plot, may result in not being able to get rewards like the tool.

Personally, I don't understand why people would mix classes in the game first time they've played through it.
01-03-2014 at 02:45 AM
Avo
Zachski wrote: Personally, I don't understand why people would mix classes in the game first time they've played through it.

Well, you may not understand it, but it seemed logical to me, and I guess we all enjoy the game our own way. I like mixing abilities, which I also did in all the QFG games. For me I guess it's about making the ultimatish hero (potentially in sequels getting all abilities, etc.). :glasses
01-03-2014 at 03:11 AM
Zachski
Well yeah, I can understand multi-classing eventually... when you know what you're doing.

It just seems to me that the game was intended to be experienced with pure class characters first, then start mixing when you know the game well enough to know what would be helpful.

Also...

Regardless, 'tis not my intention to impose my perspective on people, merely just to state it. I don't plan on changing any minds here.

[Last edited by Zachski at 01-03-2014 03:34 AM]
01-03-2014 at 03:26 AM
RogueIce
Zachski wrote:
Also...
Well, if they did I suppose it wouldn't be impossible to add it in a patch.

As far as the hybrid thing goes, I do think it's useful to 'pure' class first, so that you can see the intended solutions for each class. That way, if/when you Hybrid later, you can possibly find a workaround if you solve a puzzle in an unintended way.

For instance, in this case: if you play a pure Thief you'd know what that tool is used for. And having played a pure Sorceress, you'd know what her alternative to that tool would be. So when you Hybrid Rogue/Sorceress later and clean Andvari's workshop the Magical way, you'd be familiar with a Magical method of doing what the Rogue's tool would have done, and perhaps be able to solve the puzzle that way. If I'm making any sense, here.
01-03-2014 at 09:32 AM
v_k
Zachski wrote:
Personally, I don't understand why people would mix classes in the game first time they've played through it.
Flexibility. When you have two or more possibile solutions to a situation, it's easier to figure at least one of them out, than when there's only one to begin with.

[Last edited by v_k at 01-03-2014 12:52 PM]
01-03-2014 at 12:51 PM
thefriendlyghost
A question on how to get the tool (playing a rogue):

01-08-2014 at 08:54 AM
thefriendlyghost
Ah, I just figured you need to

01-08-2014 at 08:55 AM
deepsixed
Can anyone tell me at what point am I meant to steal the tool? I am in sneak mode and I have even slowed the game speed right down to make it easier, but I have been trying for the better half of an hour to steal the tool from the table and he always catches me! Help!
03-23-2014 at 01:49 PM
DracoHandsome
Zachski wrote: Personally, I don't understand why people would mix classes in the game first time they've played through it.
Because there is every reason to do so and absolutely no reason not to?

The alternative is to waste points on existing skills that you can level up normally in the game -- you can't learn the starter pool skills after character creation.
03-25-2014 at 03:27 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest: 2 questions - fishnet and crate-opener-tool (Rogue)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com