Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Voynich-Style Puzzle (Web comic offering a prize for breaking its code)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
noma
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1594
IP: Logged
icon Voynich-Style Puzzle (+2)  
For those interested in cryptography and/or web comics, Sandra and Woo author Oliver Knörzer has created a Voynich-style manuscript and is offering a $500 prize for solving it: a combination of $250 in cash, a $100 charitable donation and a mystery gift worth $150. It's way beyond my skills (but very pretty to look at) but I know we've got some amateur code breakers here so I figured I'd post a link.

I don't know if the following are relevant, but there are a few things I know that might save you from having to read the archives of the comic.

1. The name of the racoon goddess who appears in the 2nd and 3rd panels is Seeoahtlahmakaskay.

2. I'm pretty sure the "coded" quote at the top of the page is new. "Ssssao fem Iha wl aiv bl olwv rised." It is attributed to Antonio Averlino who is one of the many people proposed as the possible author of the Voynich manuscript.

3. The footer below the manuscript comic reads: Fnaqen Naq Jbb by Kernel River Zoo (writer) and Paid in Ruin (artist). Normally is reads: Sandra and Woo by Oliver Knörzer (writer) and Powree (artist). This is probably just a bit of related fun, but you never know.

I think it would really cool if someone from this forum cracked the code. Happy hunting.

(By the way, Oliver also publishes a fantasy comic called Gaia that is quite good.)

[Last edited by noma at 08-13-2013 12:44 AM]
08-12-2013 at 02:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Voynich-Style Puzzle (Web comic offering a prize for breaking its code)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com