Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : R.I.P. Ilya Segalovich (He taught me that I can do the impossible)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Rat Man
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
IP: Logged
icon R.I.P. Ilya Segalovich (+3)  
A few days ago, Ilya Segalovich died of brain cancer. A lot of you here may not have heard of him, but he was a true inspiration to me. He was the co-founder of Yandex, a search engine and the most popular website in Russia. He first designed Yandex as a desktop search engine, years before the internet became popular, and nearly gave up on it over technical limitations of the computers of the era. But he still persevered, even when it seemed pointless, and because of that, he died one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the world. He lived his dream.

I just hoped I could meet him one day, and now he's gone already. He was only 48 years old. Goodbye, Mr. Segalovich; you will be missed.

СЕГАЛОВИЧ ЖИВ, НАВСЕГДА.

[Last edited by Rat Man at 08-08-2013 09:02 PM]
08-08-2013 at 08:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : R.I.P. Ilya Segalovich (He taught me that I can do the impossible)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com