Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twelfth Level : 3 South, 2 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
wharris
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
IP: Logged
icon King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twelfth Level : 3 South, 2 East (0)  
Wow, I witnested first hand the hints blessing - as soon as I asked for a hint, I could solve the room :-)

[Last edited by wharris at 07-17-2013 08:44 AM]
07-17-2013 at 08:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
JLE
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 46
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twelfth Level : 3 South, 2 East (0)  
Well, I'm still stumped and it's my last room that I need to complete in this dungeon...

10-13-2014 at 01:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1129
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twelfth Level : 3 South, 2 East (+3)  
There's not much of a specific trick to this room, but it helps to have a good grasp of the snake movement rules.

The serpent first checks to see if the player is directly in front of or behind its head. If he is, the serpent continues moving in that direction.

Failing this, it refers to its internal counter: the first five turns it prefers horizontal movement, the next five it prefers vertical, and then this repeats. The serpent picks a square into which it wants to move; if it is thinking horizontally, then it picks which of the two squares horizontally adjacent to its head is closer to the player. If it is in the same vertical column as the player, it picks which of the two vertical squares adjacent to its head is closer to the player.

If it is thinking vertically, it does the same thing but looks at the vertical squares first, then the horizontal squares. The serpent then tries to move into the square that it has picked. If that square is blocked, the serpent tries to move N, then E, then S, then W. Red serpents' tails shrink by one tile if they are blocked in all four directions.

Beyond that,
Click here to view the secret text

10-13-2014 at 01:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twelfth Level : 3 South, 2 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com